about real-time water rendering by projected grid

Started by
1 comment, last by Jason Z 10 years, 1 month ago

biggrin.png

recently, i found a water rendeirng demo on google.

this is its url:http://fileadmin.cs.lth.se/graphics/theses/projects/projgrid/

i have changed a little codes and then it can be compiled by visual studio 2012 and directx sdk 2010.6

[attachment=20205:source.zip]

the attachment is the source code, and you can download the resources file from that url( only textures and .x meshes).

there are two question about this demo,

first is when i rotate the camera, there is a bug at the margin of the window, like this picture:

[attachment=20206:QQ??20140304145845.png]

i find that it update the vertices every frame, why this blank area appear?

second question:

i find it perform water waves by perlion noise, but his implementation is a big bottleneck of cpu performance, i can see the top items is that code in intel vtune.

[attachment=20207:QQ??20140304150334.png]

this article is posted in 2004, is there any new choice for implement this effect? or is there any fast noise algorithm ?

biggrin.png

Advertisement

Not to come off sounding rash, but do you understand whats going on in the demo and the actual paper? That may give some insight into the anomalies you are actually seeing.

I would echo cgrant's comment - have you drilled down into the code to see what is going on? Have you searched for some noise implementations to see if there is something more performant available (which there almost surely is...)?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement