Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kish_dev

I wanted to enter into this vast mobile game development world but unaware

This topic is 1772 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Maybe this questioned has been raised many times but I couldn't find my answer. I wanted to enter into this vast mobile game development world but unaware of what language or sdk to use. Can someone please suggest me where to start or using Free SDK for starting. I have C# programming background and currently working as Backend Web Developer, I have been using Eclispe for past one week but read about SDK which seems like easy to build but hard to learn and also expensive. It would great if some expert can shade some lights.

Thanks

Advertisement

Thanks for the info guys, I have a plan to build one game which needs to support  Androids first and iOS later. I have started looking into the Eclipse for android but just wondering if i am heading in the right direction. Once i am happy with the build which is gonna take good amount of my time prob 3-4 mnths to know how it works and make work.

After that i wanted to support it for iOS as well. Or should i try using some SDK(not pro version ) which is free? Thanks for you time again guys.

The problem with wanting to do a game for both android and iOS is that those systems are very different.

You will need to have some kind of strategy from the start on how to do that, or you might find yourself having to rewrite it from scratch for the new platform.

Doing this by yourself is a big undertaking, it is easier for you to use something already available.

With the free version of Unity you can write your game in C# and publish to iOS, android and windows phone, I think it would be perfect for you.

The problem with wanting to do a game for both android and iOS is that those systems are very different.

You will need to have some kind of strategy from the start on how to do that, or you might find yourself having to rewrite it from scratch for the new platform.

Doing this by yourself is a big undertaking, it is easier for you to use something already available.

With the free version of Unity you can write your game in C# and publish to iOS, android and windows phone, I think it would be perfect for you.

Sounds great, I have planned to start using Unity Free version. Will there any difficulties or limitation during development phase using free version?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!