Can I get some feedback?

Started by
1 comment, last by bibbit 10 years, 1 month ago

First off, if this is in the wrong section, I apologize, and don't hesitate to move it.

I'd like to get a little feedback from some game audio gurus. You can find my music here:

https://soundcloud.com/lightfall

These tracks weren't written as soundtracks (they're more just progressive instrumental), but it would be nice to know if I had enough songwriting talent to begin with. Perhaps some of these ideas and styles could be reworked to fit into a soundtrack. All I'm looking for are some basic opinions.

Thanks!

Advertisement

I'm no audio guru, but still curious enough to have a listen. I don't know your particular goal in creating that collection, so ignore anything that doesn't apply.

• Generally nice.
  • After playing a few tracks they started to feel a bit the same, perhaps try a few without your favourite instruments or techniques to test yourself.
  • If I was looking for game music, I would want something suitable for my chosen genre and particular types of moments. Try looking at gameplay videos for different genres, e.g. horror, shooter, arcade, etc and write something to match.
  • In games the ability to loop a piece or switch between two pieces is quite important. Think of ways to mix and match, e.g. matching tempo, keeping some instruments the same, fade in/out others.

That's exactly the kind of stuff I wanted to hear. I'll try changing it up and learn more about loops and transitions.

As far as my goal, it was really just recreational, but I'd like to start composing for games or even independent films.

I appreciate it!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement