Visual Studio 2013 Graphics Debug

Started by
9 comments, last by Buckeye 8 years, 9 months ago

Hi I am trying to use the Visual Studio 2013 Graphics debugger and tried to create an event group. Bute I ran into a problem while including d3d11_1.h header file . I copied the header to my include directory in June 2010 SDK's include file. But the following error pops up.

1>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft directx sdk (june 2010)\include\dxgi1_2.h(1271): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

1>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft directx sdk (june 2010)\include\dxgi1_2.h(1271): error C2143: syntax error : missing ',' before '*'

1>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft directx sdk (june 2010)\include\dxgi1_2.h(1275): error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'DXGI_RGBA'

I am have also copied over dxgi1_2.h in the include directory . What is causing this problem ? Is it a conflict problem ? Can any one give me any pointer on how to create this event group ?

I am including the directx sdk june 2010 version. And all inherited paths along with it.

Advertisement

You can't just randomly splice the headers together from different SDK versions. You need to update wholesale to a recent version of the SDK.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

You can't just randomly splice the headers together from different SDK versions. You need to update wholesale to a recent version of the SDK.

Where can I get the june 2013 sdk ? Silly question . I googled it but cannot find it . I know it is included in the windows sdk. But how can I include it ?

Visual Studio 2013 comes with Direct SDK built-in into Windows SDK.

In other words, you need only VS2013. Uninstall your DirectX June 2010 SDK (or whatever month it is).

However keep in mind that you will lose D3DX, which includes texture loading & other stuff.

However keep in mind that you will lose D3DX, which includes texture loading & other stuff.

Then how do I load textures ?

You would have to write your own loader or use a 3rd party library to do so . D3DX is a utility library and is really not required to use D3D, hence the removal in later version of the DXSDK.

DXTK (DirectX Tool Kit) has WIC-based texture loading for a variety of file formats.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

https://directxtk.codeplex.com/

Sean Middleditch – Game Systems Engineer – Join my team!

replace your header include to d3d11_1.h.

#include <d3d11.h> -> #include <d3d11_1.h>

Then how do I load textures ?

If you only care about *.DDS textures you can use the DirectX library's:

DirectX::CreateDDSTextureFromFileEx()

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement