looking for feedback on some dark, intimate, electronic music

Started by
1 comment, last by Breakdown Epiphanies 10 years, 1 month ago

We are two musicians from Germany who have been working together on various projects for over 10 years.
What brings us together the rest of the time is our passion for creative and original games as well as a growing interest for game design.

We created a post on the jobs and classifieds section of the forum as well looking for projects to work on. But as we are new to the whole idea of actually doing something with the instrumental music we made in our spare time over the years, we would much appreciate some feedback.

We noticed that a lot of the music that is presented on the forums goes for the orchestral and epic approach to soundtrack and gaming music (and there are some quite impressive pieces among them). Our style is more electronically driven and a little darker most of the time.

It would be great if some of you guys and gals would listen to some of our tunes and ideas on our soundcloud page and tell us what you think: https://soundcloud.com/breakdownepiphanies/sets/working-class

Cheers,

Dennis and Patrick

Breakdown Epiphanes, Musicians from Hamburg, Germany.

https://soundcloud.com/breakdownepiphanies

Advertisement

We noticed that a lot of the music that is presented on the forums goes for the orchestral and epic approach to soundtrack and gaming music (and there are some quite impressive pieces among them). Our style is more electronically driven and a little darker most of the time.

Don't worry about that. Find your own voice and what works for you first.

The music is good! Presents a mood and vibe for sure. Some of it struck me more than others but, hey, that's personal taste in music. You guys are good at creating a style so the important thing to understand from here is how to implement your music in a game. Should it be looping? Instance based? Interactive tiers/layers that change upon gameplay?

Several of your tracks could definitely work in the right type(s) of games.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Hi nsmadsen,

thx a lot for your advice and your kind words. Especially the part regarding how the music will be implemented into a game is something we'll have to keep in mind while working on new stuff. Have you had some experience with the layering? Is that normally done on the developers side and you just provide him with the separated tracks of your composition?

I always regarded the layering/tier system as one of the most interesting aspects of music in games because it adds the interactivity that is constitutive for what makes the medium interesting.

Edit: I just went to you homepage and I am deeply impressed by your work. So much great stuf and such variety. I think I almost liked everything on there <3

Plus my first instrument was the saxophone so I really enjoyed your sax recordings.

Breakdown Epiphanes, Musicians from Hamburg, Germany.

https://soundcloud.com/breakdownepiphanies

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement