• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SamuelKauffman

I need help with the Game Design Document for a game I'm making

This topic is 2048 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sometimes, I feel embarrassed by my lack of game design schooling, because I don't have any skill in making a design document for games. I was actually hoping for a bit of help with making sure I have a GDD (Game Design Document) for the future.

If anyone's wondering, I never had the feeling of need for a GDD before I started using a more professional engine (I initially used RPG Maker... and am now using Unity for the time being), so I really feel out of my league right now. If anyone could provide an easy to use method for me to make a GDD, I'd appreciate it, everyone.

Advertisement

GDD is just a tool. Don't focus on it, focus on a game you want to make.

Describe your game (that's what  GDD is about in its core :D).

Right... that would be easy to explain if I wasn't so dead tired right now. I'll get back to you guys about it later.

In short? I'll describe the game later. I need to head to bed.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!