• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

No Low Level Programming is better ?, Please explain this then ?

This topic is 1394 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Version control can keep a coder on track like nothing else.

About 3ds Max, in my opinion no game engine (hence game) should be limited to Max. The game developer should be focusing on the model and image file formats. To work on these, any decent 3D graphics software will do, even if you have to use another only for inport/export to the end format. Game engines usually allow several alternative graphics formats in the overall workflow pipeline as options because several 3D software can all handle the same industry standard formats.

More research needs to be done by you, focusing on finding a game engine that best fits both your goals and abilities. You will be amazed at how much more that you can accomplish if you focus on understanding and using a prescribed workflow pipeline of a game engine instead of trying to reinvent everything.

Edited by 3Ddreamer

Advertisement

Ok thanks, i looked at blender, but it looks very different, i will give it a try sooner or later this year, since it also exports .x files! hooray.

And no, 3DDreamer, i wont use someone elses engine, it cost very much time to invent some other persons engines wheel, i,m having trouble managing my own engine already,

i,m just blasting some spaceships in a 2D sidescroller, so i only need some/lots of spaceships to blow up.

Yes i am about oldskool gaming only.

Edited by the incredible smoker

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement