Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HydraliskD

Virtual Currency platforms

This topic is 1676 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[background=#000000]Hi guys! Need some help for my indie-project. We wanna implement virtual currency in our game, so could you tell me any platforms for VC issuing? And your experience with it?[/background] Edited by HydraliskD

Advertisement
We want to implement some system which will give ability to input real cash in game and convert it in game-currency (gold or smth like that) and buy staff with it. Maybe you could recommend "ready" desicions? Thank you a lot!

Ok, thanks. But maybe it is possible to realize it by own efforts? Did you ever faced similar task? How much time and money we will waste?

Little elaboration - input of the real cash is just first part. Player must have ability to buy items in game-SHOPs and from another player, also players should be able to transfer money among each other. So we want to build advanced Virtual Economy system) Edited by HydraliskD

I came here just to praise Frob and Ravyne answers. Fantastic answers.

Ok, thanks. But maybe it is possible to realize it by own efforts? Did you ever faced similar task? How much time and money we will waste?

It depends entirely on your project, there's no way of knowing that. You'll need to design what kind of "internal currency" your game will have, and implement an external real-cash payment system by your own (Well, you can always ask for advice, but the more specific, the better).

Little elaboration - input of the real cash is just first part. Player must have ability to buy items in game-SHOPs and from another player, also players should be able to transfer money among each other. So we want to build advanced Virtual Economy system)

There's no "already made" solution to that. And, it's still not clear what you want.

It seems that you want to implement a "Trade System" where you can buy items from NPCs and from other players, but the internal currency that Frob mentioned is not specified. The players shall buy items from the NPCs and other players with in-game currency/money or real-life money or both? Whatever the case is, you'll have to implement a bridge from Paypal and the game's internal currency depending on your implementation of the game (No one better than you to say how much time you're going to take to deal with this).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!