Skate N Crash - Android Mobile Game

Started by
4 comments, last by fatboxsoftware 10 years, 1 month ago
I've finally finished up a short term project called Skate N Crash. It's an endless runner, with a skater and obstacles you have to trick off of. The game took about 5 days to complete and is free on the Google Play Store. I'm willing to share code or insights into how anything in the game was accomplished. Just shoot away if you have any questions.
Large_Tablet_Screen01.png
Large_Tablet_Screen02.png
Screenshot-04.png
Advertisement
Put up a preview video of some gameplay.
[VIDEO]http:
[/VIDEO]
Just got the newly submitted build published to the Google Play link. I took almost all player feedback so far and implemented the changes in this version. Plan on putting through updates each week, sometimes minor art additions, bug fixes, etc.
Updated Bug Fixes and/or Improvements:
1.) Removed "Jump" Button to allow player to tap anywhere on the screen to jump.
2.) Removed fixed orientation for Landscape Right. App is now allowed to auto rotate to either Landscape Right or Landscape Left depending on how user is holding the device.
3.) Improved response to jump tapping on screen, allowing user more rapid responses.
4.) Improved texture for drop shadow underneath of the Player Character.
Brand new App Icon:
512x512_Icon_alt.png
I put together a solid press kit for the game. If anyone wants to blog about it, or post up some news about the game, there are ample resources directly on this page to do so.
I wanted to do a little promotion for my current game. For this week only, if you give a review to the game on Google Play and I confirm it, you can get my entire Low Poly Car pack for free.
Here is the page with all info on the car pack:
The review doesn't have to be stellar, just an honest opinion.
Here is the link to try out the game:
App update is live right now. Got some nice additions and improvements in. I've implemented the ability to now exit the app using the Back Button on your Android Device. This was a big requested feature I overlooked. There are several performance improvements to physics. I've added in new player skins, you can customize the look of your character with the click of a button. There are now new trick moves by swiping up or down anywhere on screen. The board grab move is great for sliding through obstacles you always seemed to hit your head on.

Skate N Crash on Google Play

Screenshot-Updated-01.png

Screenshot-Updated-05.png

The promotion found in the comment above still applies this entire week!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement