So, has anyone solved the -title left in taskbar - problem?

Started by
1 comment, last by Succinct 22 years, 5 months ago
Just about everyone's seen it before. When your app closes, a window on the start bar, called the palette title(?), is still there, sometimes with, and sometimes without, an icon and/or window title. I've seen it with MSVC, and Borland c++ builder. I've seen it with OpenGL, DX, GDI, and no graphics at all. I've seen myself do it, and I've seen a few others at work do it. I've seen it on all of the 95-kernal OSs up through WinME. I had Win2K for a little while at work, and I think I may have seen it there, too. I've seen a few unanswered posts about it online. All and all, from every source I've looked for, no one knows what causes it or how to solve it. Has anyone, since my last post about a year ago, happened upon any new information on the subject? Thank you for your bandwidth, -- Succinct Edited by - Succinct on October 31, 2001 12:16:40 AM
-- Succinct(Don't listen to me)
Advertisement
I''d guess that either an orphaned thread is still running within the process, or some exception occured during shutdown that prevented all the clean-up code from executing... just guesses though.

BTW, don''t ever delete the contents of a tree control during any of the left click event hanlders.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
I have never seen it compiling with Cygwin, but seem to get it a lot with VC. No idea why - still

~~~
Cheers!
Brett Porter
PortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGL
Community Service Announcement: Read How to ask questions the smart way before posting!
~~~Cheers!Brett PorterPortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGLCommunity Service Announcement: Read How to ask questions the smart way before posting!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement