c# game

Started by
10 comments, last by LaboPie 10 years ago

well before start coding for opengl I would like to do a simple game using c# and possibly gdi+, do you have any suggestions for me.

Advertisement

Yea, don't use gdi. I started directly in opengl and it turned out just fine. Most people however would recommend something simpler like sdl or something. Nothing wrong with starting with c# either, it just won't be hardware accelerated and double buffered(although there a workaround for that), in other words, it's good for 2d games. Some even start with console programming. I guess it's up to you to decide what's best. Working with gdi in general is just a pain to be frank and i wouldn't recommend it especially if you're just starting out. Unity could be a good option too, from what i've heard, never tried it so i cant say a lot on it.

then what do I use?

how do I do graphics in c#?

then what do I use?

I started directly in opengl and it turned out just fine.

Did you see the answer to your question? Maybe this will help:

He answered your question.
Before you start coding in OpenGL…nothing.
Just do OpenGL if that is what you want to do.

how do I do graphics in c#?

Oh for the love of-
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+Draw+Sprites+in+C%23

Did you ever once consider that maybe you could actually use Google and find the answers to half of the questions you “ask” (more like stating that you have a problem most of the time) here?
This community has spoon-fed you so much you are completely useless on your own. Even the slightest little hurdle and you come running here for answers. How long before, “i took a deep breath and i cant decide if i shuld breathe out or hold it or breathe in more”?
We’re not here to hold your hand over every single little bump in the road. If you never scrape your knees you will never truly learn.
That’s a message to the people of this community as well: Stop holding his hand. For those of you who may not know, he has a multi-year long reputation for this, and it’s time to stop coddling him.

The only answer he should get from this community on how to draw something in C# is: Figure it out on your own.

Be warned: If you do dare to actually answer this for him, prepare yourself for a storm of stress as he replies cryptically and with only one short sentence each time (see above) until you slowly realize that he isn’t asking a specific question, he wants to know all the steps from setting up a project to getting something on the screen. He will spend 10 posts getting you to realize this since he can’t type more than a sentence in a post (which is disrespectful of all the sentences people put into their replies) and along the way several times he will post a snippet with a problem, later claim to have fixed the problem, then later post the exact same snippet with the same problem still there.
HAYOR: Help At Your Own Risk.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

well spiro you SUCK I hate this board, I am going to go else where for answers , go ahead and bann me I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel bad for saying it, but it had to be said by someone.
No one’s talking about banning you, and you don’t need to go.

You need to learn to help yourself and how to post/ask questions properly.
You need to show that you have put forth some effort on your own before you expect anyone else to put in their own effort.

I’ve already explained proper posting etiquette and now you are back to the old ways. You never learn, you never change, and quite frankly I think you are purposely trolling now.

In any case, there may not be such a thing as a stupid question, but there very bad ways of asking questions. You need to work on that before you can really expect to get help here or anywhere else. We aren’t turning you away, just kicking you in the rear to wake you up.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

well spiro you SUCK I hate this board, I am going to go else where for answers , go ahead and bann me I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farewell, phil67rpg. We hardly knew ye... (Spiro doesn't suck.)

void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Secretly, I wondered if phil67rpg was the greatest troll ever to descend on the gamedev.net forums... Probably up there with Pirate_Lord and the crazy timestep crusader. But then again, many of his threads gave opportunity for positive reputation for those who tried to help...

Monogame http://www.monogame.net/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement