if DDSCL_EXCLUSIVE | DDSCL_FULLSCREEN is set, how to debug the app?

Started by
8 comments, last by genjuro_lyb 22 years, 5 months ago
DirectDraw: i could see the wait cursor only while trying to do so. Edited by - genjuro_lyb on November 1, 2001 3:52:17 AM
thank father mother and my friends.
Advertisement
Get yourself SoftIce
Have there more selections?

You can also make a text file and dump all your debug data in it. That''s just basic I/O programming.
"Nothing donuts can't do" --Homer J. Simpson
Do you have 2 computers? you can hook up the remote debugging by Visual C++, see the MSDN for more details.

Hope this helps.
buy a second video card and another monitor and go for some multimon

run your app on your AGP card and dump your output on the other monitor
"This is stupid. I can't believe this! Ok, this time, there really IS a bug in the compiler."... 20 mins pass ..."I'M AN IDIOT!!!"
The easiest way is to either make an option for fullscreen mode, which requires a bit of code to make it compatible (there is a good tut on this in the articles section) or do it all with message boxes
I just go to windowed mode for debugging. Why can''t you do that?

Jack
Windowed mode works, the problem is that sometimes you need to use fullscreen for whatever reason.
If you really need to use fullscreen, a solution is to simply output information to a text file.
-RelisH!
quote:Original post by RelisH
Windowed mode works, the problem is that sometimes you need to use fullscreen for whatever reason.
If you really need to use fullscreen, a solution is to simply output information to a text file.

thank you all,

now i have solved it using simple MessageBox.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement