• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

AngelScript 2.28.2 is out

This topic is 1392 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

Anonymous objects? Is that anything like in C#?

var obj = {
    str = "a string",
   num = 100
};

It's something like this:

void main()
{
  doSomethingWithArray( array<int> = {1,2,3,4,5,6} );
  doSomethingWithDictionary( dictionary = {{'apple', 1}, {'banana', 2}, {'orange', 3}} );
}

It's no longer necessary to first declare and initialize a variable, in order to use it in an expression.

Great! Thanks for the opCall addition. Haven't had time to check it out yet (still running my patched 2.28!)

By the way, is there any change in the bytecode that would require a new version of the JIT that worked with 2.28.0?

There shouldn't be any changes in this version that break the compatibility with the JIT compiler from BlindMind studios. Though, I can't make any guarantees on that as I don't use the JIT compiler myself.

Thanks. The fact that there are new bytecode instructions  in 2.28.1 does not impact existing JIT compilers? (I am not sure how JITs and angelscript handle this)

Our JIT falls back to Angelscript execution if it doesn't know a specific bytecode, so it will keep working as long as no existing bytecodes were changed. This can cause a performance hit.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement