Testing for my small Online RPG

Started by
5 comments, last by torquel 22 years, 5 months ago
I just recently got my game Mirage Online up in open beta for testing. I''m really looking to build a strong small community of people who hang out/chat/play, all that good stuff. All you can do in the game really is explore, attack each other, level up, distribute points, get new items, etc. Only NPC''s and Shops are left to add before the game is fully ready to play. If you''d like to check it out head over to Mirage Online - http://www.geocities.com/mirageus2001/ Or if the geocities host doesn''t work, join #mirageonline on irc.newnet.net and type !getgame. Hope to see some interesting people! I''de like to hear comments about the game here to if you''d like. ^_^ - torquel
- torquel
Advertisement
Drats, no one has come yet

- torquel
- torquel
When i try to creat an acount the game says:
The server seems to be down.

But the screenshots look good.
Just try again, sometimes ti does that when a player tries to connect at the same time. And if it still doesn''t work after a couple of tries then you probably have a firewall up blocking port 4000.

- torquel
- torquel
Looks cool man!
Screenshots look great. I have some stuff I have to do today, but I''ll definately be giving it a try tomorrow. Keep up the good work =)
Thanks a mil, just got done reducing data sent by a lot. The original way I was doing it was everytime someone left a map they get sent the next map over.. and it sends the entire 2.9k map every time. What I did was added a revision variable to the maps and when someone edits them in real time online and sends it, it just increments that number. Then when a player comes on it checks its version on their harddrive and if it doesn''t match it sends it only once. Its proved to be very effective I''m taken a couple of days vacation from the game, so the servers gunna stay up the entire time. No down time for new additions or anything. Thanks for playing again. I really appreciate it.

- torquel
- torquel

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement