Backstory ideas

Started by
2 comments, last by Bolu Kai 10 years ago

Nothing is for sure. But this is a vague idea I have had for explaining the creation of "The Brim"(name open for discussion). Let me know if you have any ideas to rework or tweak what I already have. Apologies for the lack of grammer, big words, and logic. ill leave parenthesis around questions i need to create answers for. Thank you guys very much in advance for your help.

theres a Sculptor(name suggestions)

the Sculptor is banished (why was he/she banished?)

the banished Sculptor becomes nomadic creating statues around the world.

the Sculptor gets lonely or crazy, and creates clay statues of a small race to keep him/her company. (why do the statues look different than Sculptor?)

years later...

a Dragon plops by(name suggestions)

Dragon admires the statues (why?)

Dragon breathes life into the statues creating The Brim. (is he taking pity on Sculptor? or just for fun.)

years later....

some evil plot with an invasion (who?)

Dragon and Sculptor stay behind to hold off enemy so their creations can escape

The Brim are attracted to a Volcano

The Brim ask the Volcano permission to live there (how does it give them a yes without literally speaking)

Dragon and Sculptor are never seen again. (possible plot twists).

Advertisement

The Sculptor was banished for his unorthodox techniques.
The small statues he creates, he knows the creatures are already there within the clay. He merely needs to release them from their clay prison.
The Dragon sees the Sculptor's efforts but realizes the creature can't truly be free without the breath of life. He lends his assistance to the Sculptor's selfless cause.

Years later, the creatures find themselves before a volcano:

Brim Leader: Um, excuse me sir but you look like a nice place to live. Do you have any objections to us settling here?
Volcano: ...
Brim Leader: Woo hoo! He didn't object guys, come on let's get busy!

Years later, the creatures find themselves before a volcano:

Brim Leader: Um, excuse me sir but you look like a nice place to live. Do you have any objections to us settling here?
Volcano: ...
Brim Leader: Woo hoo! He didn't object guys, come on let's get busy!

That's what I was thinking...since that is largely how we came up with quite a bit of religion lol

The Sculptor was banished for his unorthodox techniques.

Note: This is a rough idea. I hope it helps in deciding where you want to take your ideas. Also I am using Kseh's line as a prompt.

The sculptor was banished for his unorthodox techniques. The strange race created by the the sculptor are not in the image of his race because they banished him for his beliefs/techniques. Who would want friends that look similar to those that banished you? The sculptor created the statues because he went crazy without any social interaction. The Brim became his way to socialize even if they couldn't talk. One day a dragon is passing through and he notices a crazy sculptor. The dragon decided that he will screw around with the sculptor for his own enjoyment. The dragon breathes life into the the statues. The sculptor is confused and what not. The dragon feels bad and tells the sculptor what he did to the statues. The sculptor and dragon become friends. Although the Brim were brought to life as a prank, the sculptor and dragon decided to keep them alive. the Brim are a new race, they are primitive and are learning new things with each day. The Brim see the volcano as a god that speaks to them. the volcano is not a god, it is merely going to erupt. The noises that it makes before an eruption is how it speaks to the Brim and the Brim will translate it however they wish to. Meanwhile, a rumor is spreading throughout the people that banished the sculptor. The people believe that the sculptor is creating an army with the help of an evil dragon to wipe them out. the people begin to attack the Brim which tosses the two sides into a war.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement