Dragons and Titans trailer

Started by
4 comments, last by nsmadsen 10 years ago

Hey guys,

I wanted to share with you all the full and the music-only versions of a trailer I recently worked on:

Full:

Music Only:

I also did all of the sound design as well as produced (but didn't record) the voice over. The in-game music and sound design and most of it's VO was also done by me. I hope you enjoy it. Feedback always welcomed!

Thanks!

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Advertisement

Very cool, it fits really well.

What do you use for the drums? Is it Damage or something else?

Thanks! For the drums, it's nothing new, sadly. (Mainly because I desperately need to upgrade my computer's HDD to accomdate more libraries.) tongue.png So for the drums I used a combination of East West's Storm Drum 1 and 2, along with several 8Dio drum patches included Epic Toms as well as some stuff from NI's Komplete 9. Then EQed and added reverb to taste.

Thanks for the listen!

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Oh ok it's much more complicated than just Damage then haha.

It's really cool I asked because I think it does sound a little bit like some Damage sounds but a little bit less in your face (which is nice).

I really liked the style man, I think you did quite a good job:) The only thing I would've liked to hear would've been maybe some type of percussion with a bit more of a lower end. I think it would've helped fill the sound a lot more. Could just be these lame laptop speakers that I listened to it with though;)

Good stuff though brother!

I think it might be your laptop speakers. On my end, as well as the client's end, they felt the percussion as it is was deep and impactful enough. Also we wanted it to bite through with some of the low(er) strings and pads as well as the sound design. Plus the male VO adds a bit of sonic clutter so we didn't want it to get too muddy. I appreciate your listen and input!

Thanks,

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement