Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SebastianRSP

Pixel Shooter: Android 32bit Space Shooter

This topic is 1762 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there!
My name is Sebastian, and I am the developer behind the android game: Pixel Shooter. Which is a 32bit Arcade space shooter, based on the arcade games from the 90s.This is my very first game developed in Unity with C#, I have done all of the graphical assets myself. As a brand new developer, all I need is feedback, I would really appreciate any reviews, downloads or feedback that I could get on my game, so far I don’t have any downloads, so spreading the world helps me a lot
J
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Pixolated.PixelShooter
Thanks for your time.

Sebastian at Pixolated

Advertisement
Quick feedback:

Seems solid enough. Could you animate roll into the main ship when u bank left or right?

Integrate Google pay game centre for high score logging, or even just local high score logging. It would encourage me to play again.

Vary the music - its the same from the moment the game loads until I exit the game.

Introduce different enemy's? The asteroids are fine, but would be good with some aliens in there.

Scroll the star background slowly helping to create the sense that the player is moving

Good game though and solid enough.

How long did it take you?

Quick feedback:

Seems solid enough. Coul
d you animate roll into the main ship when u bank left or right?

Integrate Google pay game centre for high score logging, or even just local high score logging. It would encourage me to play again.

Vary the music - its the same from the moment the game loads until I exit the game.

Introduce different enemy's? The asteroids are fine, but would be good with some aliens in there.

Scroll the star background slowly helping to create the sense that the player is moving

Good game though and solid enough.

How long did it take you?

Thank you for taking the time to give me feedback

For the rolling yes it would be possible, but as it is a 2D ship, I am not quite sure how to do this.
Google Play Game Center sounds great, I will try and add it to log your high score :D
For the music, it does have 4 different songs at the moment, which randomly shuffles, you might just have gotten unlucky and gotten the same song again and again.
Enemies sound great, I've been thinking about adding enemy ships, or maybe different types of asteroids.
The start background should be scrolling, I am currently having some problems on tablets, but if you are on your phone, it should scroll very slowly.

It took about a month, as this is my first game, and I was also learning C# in the process, so if I were to create the game again, it would be much quicker. :D

how did you find unity as a beginner to c#? ive stuck with monogame as i found unity a bit daunting when opening it, maybe a need to stick with it a bit

how did you find unity as a beginner to c#? ive stuck with monogame as i found unity a bit daunting when opening it, maybe a need to stick with it a bit

I absolutely loved it, it took some time to learn (I bought some books to read) but when you learn Unity and C# it all just works together like a charm :) 

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!