Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xstreme2000

A Question on rhw

I just would like to know what is the result of specifying a rhw value in you vertex format, I understand this is it for objects which have already been transformed (I think), does that mean no world or projection matricies will be applied (give me a break I''m guessing), is this what I would use to draw a HUD or something which is drawn on the screen instead of in the world. Cheers for any light you can shed on the situation. And please if I am completely wrong can you point me in the right direction? Also whats the deal with 2D stuff done with Ortho projection, is this actually 2D or 3D projected differenly> Thanks again in advance X2K PS. I''m going to warn you that I really would like an answer to this question and I am will to piss everyone of and break all forum rules by bumping it up to the top of the list every day until I get a satifactory result, I hope it won''t come to this

rhw - > reciprocal of homogeneous W

The RHW value is used in multiple ways: for calculating fog, for performing perspective-correct texture mapping, and for w-buffering (an alternate form of depth buffering).

Try looking in the Dx7/8 help files and searching either google or the article here on gamedev.

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- Not For Rent