Whats the best language for game development?

Started by
15 comments, last by jpetrie 10 years ago

I want to try making a game for windows phone/ios/android to see if its something i would like to do more of. however i have n ideas where to start. I know python3 and parts of c#. Would any of your recommend any different languages or any tutorials that would be useful. Thanks for any help in advance.

Advertisement
Nope. Stick with C# and get unity. It's good for 2d/3d games, uses C# and supports all the platforms you listed.

UNREAL ENGINE 4:
Total LOC: ~3M Lines
Total Languages: ~32

--
GREAT QUOTES:
I can do ALL things through Christ - Jesus Christ
--
Logic will get you from A-Z, imagination gets you everywhere - Albert Einstein
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

Nope. Stick with C# and get unity. It's good for 2d/3d games, uses C# and supports all the platforms you listed.

thanks do you know if there is any tutorials available?

thanks do you know if there is any tutorials available?
Yes there are. A lot on google, youtube and on their site.
Sorry i can't provide any actual link.

UNREAL ENGINE 4:

--
GREAT QUOTES:
--
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

There's no perfect or best language. You need to find one you're comfortable with and learn it's ins / outs. There aren't very many good video resources out there, so I suggest you get a book.

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja !

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here !

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/12321/how-can-i-start-learning-unity-fast-list-of-tutori.html

Off topic: Nathan2222, I love your motivation. How can you have -338 reputation?

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul. Wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

Haxe + OpenFL

I will say it again. There's no perfect language: It's a personal opinion. This thread opens up a can of worms, and I'm going to message the mod so it can be locked.

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja !

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here !

I will say it again. There's no perfect language: It's a personal opinion. This thread opens up a can of worms, and I'm going to message the mod so it can be locked.

I don't know what to say about this.
@bratie: thanks. I am a bit confused :/

UNREAL ENGINE 4:

--
GREAT QUOTES:
--
--

another option for you is monogame. it is based on the xna framework but open-source and enables you to export to android ios etc.

personally i find it a lot simpler than unity. but tbh unity is the way forward

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement