raw input troubles

Started by
3 comments, last by fir 10 years ago

I was writing some pices in winapi's raw input

It seem to working though I am not sure how reliable (unfaliable) it is

(and if it will be working on all systems machines etc, this is a bit worry)

also there appears many question, the one is

I would like to use my first (I mean normal/base mouse) in old way,

it is processint WM_MOUSEMOVE etc and moving arrow cursor, only the

secondary mouse I need processing by raw_input (primary can stay untouched by rawinput), the problem is

1) how can i be sure which mouse detected by rawinput is the

secondary?

2) the second mouse moves also my arrow -cursor, if I disable

it by RIDEV_NOLEGACY then both are not moving cursor (it bacame hourglass) and it is wrong too

think maybe i should setup it a bit differently my setrup rawinput function is like

void SetupRawInput()
{

static RAWINPUTDEVICE Rid[1];

Rid[0].usUsagePage = 0x01;
    Rid[0].usUsage = 0x02;
    Rid[0].dwFlags = 0;     //   Rid[0].dwFlags =  RIDEV_NOLEGACY;   /
    Rid[0].hwndTarget = NULL;

int r = RegisterRawInputDevices( Rid, 1, sizeof(Rid[0]) );

if (!r)  ERROR_EXIT("raw input register fail");

}

how to resolve this issueas andmake it work? tnx

Advertisement

I've been using raw input for a while. I started using it... I think a year before D3D10 was announced. Reliability depends on the specific input device, some are just not so good but mouse support is solid.

how can i be sure which mouse detected by rawinput is the secondary?

RawInput will detect all devices, whatever you use them or not is your business. Enumerate them and use GetRawInputDeviceInfo, it gives you a blob of device-specific data, but it has a well known format for mice and it has a device index dwId.

It's a while since I've used that. If memory serves, the first mouse is a virtual mouse obtained by coalescing input from all mice, then the real mouse device follows. But I'd suggest to check that more accurately before going on.

the second mouse moves also my arrow -cursor, if I disable it by RIDEV_NOLEGACY then both are not moving cursor (it bacame hourglass) and it is wrong too

Unfortunately as far as I recall, windows pointer ballistics are always computed using all the mice connected. I'm following the thread in case someone posts a solution.

Previously "Krohm"

I've been using raw input for a while. I started using it... I think a year before D3D10 was announced. Reliability depends on the specific input device, some are just not so good but mouse support is solid.

how can i be sure which mouse detected by rawinput is the secondary?

RawInput will detect all devices, whatever you use them or not is your business. Enumerate them and use GetRawInputDeviceInfo, it gives you a blob of device-specific data, but it has a well known format for mice and it has a device index dwId.

It's a while since I've used that. If memory serves, the first mouse is a virtual mouse obtained by coalescing input from all mice, then the real mouse device follows. But I'd suggest to check that more accurately before going on.

the second mouse moves also my arrow -cursor, if I disable it by RIDEV_NOLEGACY then both are not moving cursor (it bacame hourglass) and it is wrong too

Unfortunately as far as I recall, windows pointer ballistics are always computed using all the mice connected. I'm following the thread in case someone posts a solution.

I mean I am using one mouse (call it "1") in normal cursor way,

then i plug the second mouse (call it "2") - in raw input routine i receive deltas for both of them but i do not know how to make sure which mouse in rawinput routine is "1" (though i was not searching to much yet for avaliable options or understanding i was tired) - I need some ok way to get know which mouse in raw input is the secondary (so in raw input i can skip the primary mouse deltas - and use mouse moves for it and deltas for secondary)

the second thing is how to off dragging cursor behaviour for secondary mouse - Is it can be seen i would like to use "1"

in old wm_mousemove way dragging cursor and stuff , and "2"

as a rawinput deltas device without affecting cursor dragging

has someone was doing it and has clea view on this and could hint a bit?

When enumerating devices, you get an hDevice HANDLE each one.

Note RAWINPUT structures include a a RAWINPUTHEADER. Inside, you will find the very same HANDLE. This allows you to map each VM_INPUT message to a specific enumerated device.

I cannot figure out what you're trying to write in the rest of your message. I hope that's enough for you!

Previously "Krohm"

When enumerating devices, you get an hDevice HANDLE each one.

Note RAWINPUT structures include a a RAWINPUTHEADER. Inside, you will find the very same HANDLE. This allows you to map each VM_INPUT message to a specific enumerated device.

I cannot figure out what you're trying to write in the rest of your message. I hope that's enough for you!

allright i will be trying to check this up

(in the second part i was asiking again if it is possible

to disable mouse cursor draging for "2" mouse leaving it anebled for "1" - maybe it is just posssible by setuping rawinput in

other way - I do not understand it yet)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement