Zelda Analysis (sp?)

Started by
2 comments, last by plazma 22 years, 5 months ago
I am interested in developing a fan made zelda game (which will be free as to not get nintendo''s attention lol). I would like you guys to post your opinions of the series pro''s and con''s, example. I loved the bosses on Ocarina of Time because they required you to use an inventive way to kill them (i.e, king doggono had to have a bomb thrown into his mouth while he was breathing in to blast fire at you, then you had to run up and lay into it with your sword etc). I hated the saving features of Majoras Mask because you have to play the song of time to actually save whereas in Ocarina of Time you could simply pause and save. -------------------------------------------------------------- Could you guys give me your views on storyline, content, ai, etc of the zelda series, it may help in development issues as I do not want to make the same mistakes as nintendo have, ultimately my fan game will not be perfect and up to the standard of nintendo. But The views of the players are important to me, as they are the ones that play the game in the end level of development. thx in advance
Advertisement
Yeah, zelda.. I love all these games !
Which zelda games have you played already? If you''ve only played the n64 games, I can really recommend to play some other classic zelda games (like the legend of zelda (NES!! )).

AI: Well, the AI in zelda games has always been kind of straightforward, I think every monster (including bosses) has a set of moves that it can perform. The AI in more classic zelda games is even easier, the monsters there just walk around randomly, as far as I know.

Story: Zelda games have a pretty linear story, and the goal is obvious: collect 3 spiritual stones, collect 6 diamonds, collect 8 pieces of the triforce, etc. In the newer zelde games there are some twists in the plot, but it''s not like final fantasy for example.

Hope you can use this, good luck with the game. I would really like to play it when it´s finished!!

Nick
Have you tried going to www.zeldaclassic.com ? They''ve created a game engine like the one used in the first zelda game but they''ve also added elements from the later games. It''s pretty simple to use the editing tools they''ve got.

- DarkIce
The Zelda games are a lot of fun. The story isn''t very complex so you can play it again and again without getting bored.

One thing I didn''t like was the way Link never talks. The point was it wouldn''t feel like you if he said things you wouldn''t, but it made the character feel less alive.

He should comment on situations, and it might be nice if he had a rival.

--
Relee the Squirrel
-- Relee the Squirrel

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement