Disbelief over publisher behaviour!

Started by
18 comments, last by cliffski 22 years, 5 months ago
quote:and to the sell-out developers out there....when i go to compusa,
bestbuy, or whereever....i''ll never buy your $40-50 dollar games,
so your 80hour weeks spent drinking coke, slaving over the
"next great" 3D game, while quoting dilbert and southpark
.is all for naught.

Yes, but I make a whole lot of money, we work on games that WE want to work on (i.e, no suits/business men within miles) and we have a chance to become 1st party to a rather large console manufacturer/developer. Our first game due out next x-mas is completely new GUARANTEED, you will not find any game ever made that you can compare.

So there is a good side to this business, but you really have to work hard and learn your lessons if you do get ripped by publishers. I''ve had it happen to me, most of the team I work with have.

Nothing I do now is for naught.

Marc.

Marc Lambert

marc@darkhex.com

Marc. Help Wanted template | Game development isn't easy! | Indie interviews
Bloodlust is back! -Leave your morals and political correctness at the door.

Advertisement
Which game''s that, Marc?
Sqeek.
Do you really think I'm going to tell you what game we are working on? That would be breaking my terms of employment and I don't see that happening anytime soon...

Besides, I don't want to start seeing clones popping up before our game is ready to go :-)

BTW Ed, why did you change you account? If you have lost the password to the other one, the staff can help.

Marc Lambert

marc@darkhex.com

Edited by - mlambert on November 3, 2001 1:44:13 PM

Edited by - mlambert on November 3, 2001 1:46:39 PM

Physical threats are a criminal offence - threatening behaviour, 6 months in prison or a fine. If you were seriously worried about this you should contact the police.
quote:Original post by mlambert
Our first game due out next x-mas is completely new GUARANTEED, you will not find any game ever made that you can compare.

Marc Lambert

marc@darkhex.com

So tell me about this guarantee...
(j/k)

JSwing
quote:So tell me about this guarantee...

So are you trying to be intelligent? Are you trying to annoy me?

I''m one of the very few people ACTUALLY employed in this industry who visit this site and give ACTUAL info on our experiance. So do you find this funny?

Let me tell you something, idiot. I didn''t become a moderator by putting up with your crap. I became one by having ACTUAL experiance and the desire to help people, do you have the same? If you did, you wouldn''t have posted the stupid post you did...

Let me tell you something BOY, I have worked my ass off to be in this industry, if you can say the same, then argue. If not, then go away because you are not welcome on a forum that talks about things with reason.

Marc Lambert

marc@darkhex.com

I''m sorry, but I really find people like this to be complete idiots.

If they had worked on anything published, then they would know my stance. I want to help those who haven''t yet been ripped off, to not be ripped off...

Instead, I''m faced with people who have a problem because I deleted one of their posts, or people who think they are clever by trying to annoy me via post that asks ''so tell me about this guarantee''

Well, I say to this, shut the HELL UP. I know my stuff otherwise I wouldn''t be a PAID professional.

If you can do my Job better than me, then apply to my employer. If you can moderate my forum beter than me, then apply to the GDnet staff. If you are trying to be clever and annoy me, then at least admit it, don''t post any crap.

Don''t be a pussy and hide behind anon posts...

Marc Lambert

marc@darkhex.com

>So tell me about this guarantee...
>(j/k)

Apparently, I think you missed the gist of the the anonymous user''s post. I noticed a smiley face and a Just kidding at the end of it.

It was a joke, and as you know, we have herd that claim before that the game is something new and never seen, only to find out it''s 3D pong. I''m sure what ever you are working on is pretty cool, not 3D pong, but, since he was just joking, trying to make light of the whole situation, he didn''t deserve the slap you gave him.

The above posts talk about the unprofessionalism of name calling..

>>Let me tell you something, idiot.

is not professional.

>>Let me tell you something BOY...

and

>>If not, then go away because you are not welcome on a forum >>that talks about things with reason.

don''t belong together in the same sentance. Calling someone and Idiot and a Boy and then saying we talk about things with reason here, in the same post no less, make''s you look... unprofessional, to be nice.

A hypocritical attitude towards things are only going to give you a headache and an ulcer. As soon as you can laugh at everything, everything doesn''t seem so important that you have to start calling people names. Arguing and calling people names in a message board is the path of the weak and frightened. It is for those who can not stand up for themselves and take everything with offense. What he said doesn''t really matter, but to lower yourself to the level of the very people the topic post is chastising, is.. to say the least... silly, and at work, just retarded.

-Jason

Well said Jason. There is nothing any message board needs less then hypocritical behaviour.

"Don''t be a pussy..." This line defines the need for moderation.

"So much fun, so little time."
~Michael Sikora
> I''m one of the very few people ACTUALLY employed in this industry who visit this site

Yeah, right. you''re telling me that people in the games industry DON''T come here? You''d be suprised..

> Let me tell you something, idiot

Very professional, your maturity level reminds me of a 12 year old..

> I didn''t become a moderator by putting up with your crap

I don''t know *how* you became a moderator, but you''re the worst moderator I''ve ever seen.. personal attacks galore. Step off your high horse and realize that we aren''t going to bow down to you just because you actually work in the industry.. so you say.

> If not, then go away because you are not welcome on a forum that talks about things with reason.

Hey pot, meet kettle. Just keep babbling angrily..

> Well, I say to this, shut the HELL UP. I know my stuff otherwise I wouldn''t be a PAID professional.

It''s people like you who turn me and others off about the games industry. I find it hard to believe that people could actually put up with you.. of course, maybe that''s only when you''re dealing with "inferior people", right?

-Jipe

jipe@zworg.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement