• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Name for a higher level of territorial organization

This topic is 1458 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I make a turn based strategy (steampunk theme). The player manges a country. The map is made of provinces (around 20-30). The provinces will be grouped into "regions" (around 7) to make it more managable.

So there is a lower level of territorial organization ("province") and higher level ("region").

Now I need names for these (I think province sounds fine, but region not really).

Advertisement

Like state or prefecture?  Actually I think you might want to replace province with county or duchy, those are smaller.

Yes, along the lines of state/prefecture.

Duchy sounds a bit too medieval, I need it for steampunk.

Note: optionally I can go for province being the higher tier and make some lower tier territorial division (below province).

Nice list :)

Did you decide on anything yet?

For a steam-punk feel you probably want something Victorian-era-ish, perhaps with province at the higher level and "county" or "borough" at the lower level...

Did you decide on anything yet?

For a steam-punk feel you probably want something Victorian-era-ish, perhaps with province at the higher level and "county" or "borough" at the lower level...

The topic is still valid :)

But isn't "borough" a division (part of) of a city? But it sounds Victorian for sure...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement