• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Dynamo_Maestro

Solved - SharpDX - XAudio error in windows 8

This topic is 2021 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This error doesn't happen in Win 7 and seems to only occur in Win 8 when debug flags are used. I have updated SharpDX libraries too and rebuilt but still have the issue.

A first chance exception of type 'SharpDX.SharpDXException' occurred in SharpDX.dll

An exception of type 'SharpDX.SharpDXException' occurred in SharpDX.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: HRESULT: [0x80040154], Module: [Unknown], ApiCode: [Unknown/Unknown], Message: Class not registered

This occurs when creating the XAudio device using the following code

xAudioDevice = new XAudio2(xAudioDebugFlags, ProcessorSpecifier.DefaultProcessor);

Using the default constructor doesn't give any errors however I want debug flags on so I use this. I have messed around a bit with flags / processor specifier and the error occurs when "XAudio2Flags.DebugEngine" is used. This is a normal desktop app and I have no other issues with running and for what it's worth no COM issues of my own, assuming this is a COM issue.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!