Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LJ_1102

Xe-Engine™

This topic is 1746 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

xeheader.png

Hello there,

after almost three years of development I'm very proud I can finally announce our game engine: Xe-Engine™.

What is it?

Xe-Engine™ is a cloud based, high performance 3D game engine enabling you to develop 3D browser games

with a graphical fidelity near current AAA titles directly inside your browser.

Through its sophisticated cloud architecture you're able to leverage a new level of collaboration

and seamlessly work together with your team, be it within the office or spread around the globe.

With support for more than 40 industry standard 3D file formats, well over 100 image formats as well

as Unity® packages, Xe-Engine™ can handle almost all of your current and future assets.

Xe-Engine™ was developed using only plain JavaScript, so in case you want to go beyond the provided visual

programming tools you can do so with easy to learn web-technologies like HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

More features are described on the website mentioned below.

When is it?

We're aiming for a summer release for the closed beta followed by an open beta a month or two later.

Find out more and sign up for the beta at www.Xe-Engine.com

I'll keep this thread up to date with news about the engine towards the beta launch.

Feel free to ask questions here if you have any.

Edited by LJ_1102

Advertisement

Its just to resemble the periodic table thing smile.png

The atomic weight doesn't have anything to do with the periodic table. rolleyes.gif

The engine looks good. You're saying the engine is high-performance, but still many native 3D games are slow. Could you define high-performance in this case?

Well ok maybe we should rethink that design, on german periodic tables the upper left number stands for the effective nuclear charge.

Xe-Engine is a javascript based engine, so high-performance quite relative, in this case "high-performance" compared to our (mostly future)competitors but I think(no scientific benchmarks on this) we're even able to outperform some of the native engines by utilizing some clever tricks in our rendering pipeline.

The screenshot you see on the website or in a smaller fashion in the picture in the post renders at 30FPS

on an Intel HD4000 at 1920x1080 with FXAA, two directional lights of which one has

cascaded shadow mapping with four cascades at each 1024x1024.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!