Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DeafManNoEars

First Android Game

This topic is 1722 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all,

I have released my first android app.  It is a unity project (also my first).   The main goal of this project was to just get some working knowledge of unity and the whole android publishing process.

And, well, I did it.  I have been toying with game programming for quite some time now.  I have built my own engine started a bunch of small projects but never took anything to completion.

With the help of Unity, I finally did. I learned a lot.  I plan to continue and make more games now that I have a framework of understanding.

It is called Peg Popper 3d.  It is that peg solitaire board game you've maybe seen at Cracker Barrel or similar.  The link is here.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.forwardthinking.peg

It isn't the best, but it works, it is fun and I made it.  I did the modeling and artwork for it as well, so don't hit me up too hard on that (too cheap to afford an artist).

Well that is all!!!

Thanks for listening and being there, you awesome community.

Advertisement

Small bug there in main menu.

If I click "Play" while board is in transition state (I just clicked right or left), then Play button will stuck in pressed state and will do nothing until app restarted.

Small bug there in main menu.

If I click "Play" while board is in transition state (I just clicked right or left), then Play button will stuck in pressed state and will do nothing until app restarted.

Ahhh,  I see that.  Thank you so much.  Will get that fixed right away!!!!

Edit:  Fixed and now I hide the next button if there is no next environment and the same with the previous button.

Edited by DeafManNoEars

I added two new board levels...

The european style board with 37 holes and an octagonal shape and the english board style with 33 holes and a cross shape. 

Also keeps track of 5 fastest times and has leaderboards for each of the board styles and achievements with google play api.

Try it out and please give feedback.  Again it is my first game so I appreciate all feedback and please don't hold back, I'd like to be able to provide the community with high quality fun games in the near future.  I have a few novel ideas that I've been working on and would like to have them polished before I release.  So all feedback received will be incorporated into future released games.

Thanks Again!!!!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!