• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zaei

ID3DXFont

This topic is 6171 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok. The problem is like this. I specify 0xff000000 for the color argument in ID3DXFont::DrawTextA(), yet I still get white text. I specify 0xffff0000, and all i get is white text. I specify 0x99000000, and all I get is semi translucent white text. I specify 0xff000000, in another class, and I get black text. Can anyone think of any reason this would happen? Z.

Advertisement
Hi!
I have the same problem. My Text is black, no matter what i do.
When you find a solution for the problem, please post here so i can sleep well again
Thanks!

After reading over the stuff I posted (i was really tired last night, which is most of the reson i posted here to get it solved anyway), and I think the problem might have something to do with Alpha Blending. I am Blending a quad on top of the text, so I imagin this might have a lot to do with the fact that only the alpha color works correctly.

Z.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!