512x384 15 Layers 30Million Double Precision Calculation Software Blitting with 40+ FPS Library

Started by
6 comments, last by Promit 10 years ago

https://sites.google.com/site/simpleopenglsneslike/2d-software-blitting-90milliondoubleprecision-512x384-15-layers-80fps-on-geforce-7600gt-with-pentium-d-pentium-4-with-sse2-and-stuff-2-4ghz-but-really-old-without-nda-sdks

2D Software Blitting+30MillionDoublePrecisionOnCPUOnly 512x384 15 Layers 40FPS on GeForce 7600GT with Pentium D(Pentium 4 with SSE2 and stuff 2.4GHz but really old) without NDA SDKs

Just a little trick with thread and only uploading 512x512 texture a frame.

Since we can't afford those NDA licenses if we don't have money and boy we little people can't even get an email back from graphics chips developing companies....

Download here: https://sites.google.com/site/simpleopenglsneslike/2d-software-blitting-90milliondoubleprecision-512x384-15-layers-80fps-on-geforce-7600gt-with-pentium-d-pentium-4-with-sse2-and-stuff-2-4ghz-but-really-old-without-nda-sdks/2D%20retro%28512x384%29%2015%20Layers%20without%20NDA%20license%20SDKs.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Better to use SDL though since there are no 3D code at all... just OpenGL is easier to setup and use with win32api than SDL so I used it.

Trick was using Thread with Sleep(1); (sleep for 1 millisecond) and only uploading 512x512 texture a frame. The number 512x512 is different if you are using cards like GeForce Titan. But you will soon find out if you are *hardware blitting* it gets really slow really fast even though graphics are shitty... I'm talking about of course without NVAPI NDA License and stuff.

I'm really sorry for the last trolling incident but got to say this. Just let's think for a monent. How does NVAPI with NDA and with OpenGL works on AMD and Intel cards? I was actually talking about that and I thought I wrote it but I think I didn't...

And people, don't use Mantle...nobody uses it everybody uses directx or opengl... don't get frustrated by those catch-phrase words of marketing department. If you get NDA(Non-disclosure agreement) license your 12FPS code will work like 2000FPS on GeForce 4200 Ti. And people, if you are going to get a NDA license, get it from Intel not AMD or NVIDIA it's way cheaper.(for now i think?)

Advertisement

I used to own a GeForce 7700M and I'm very sure it was faster then that (512x384 15layer @ 40FPS).

Also let me add another voice to what other professional game developers have already told you: There is no secret NDA license that magically turns shitty code into s.th. thats running several orders of magnitude faster. I have worked on a game that shipped for the PC platform and while we had "secret" NDAs and tools for the consoles, there is no such thing for the PC.

It's not the GPU/driver thats slow, it's your code (or your profiling)!

It's not just that you seemingly try to write the worst GPU code possible for example by forcing all the pixel operations to be performed in the vertex shader instead of the pixel shader, by packing every scalar into it's own vec4 to enforce 1/4 speed on the GF7 hardware, or by abusing the driver/API in a way that maximises stall.

You also write very slow CPU code. Are you blaming that on NVidia as well? For example: you emphasize that you have a processor with SSE2. Are you using any of the SSE2 functionally? No. But I'm glad that you get 30 million double precision ... s.th. ... on the cpu. Pro tip: double precision means that you employ the datatype "double", not the datatypes "float" or "int" or "char".

Wasn't NVAPI to like, query video card temperature and things like that? lol

I'm really sorry for the last trolling incident
No you're not.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

As Promit said in the last thread, just to clarify for potential new readers:

There's no such thing as licensing, and there's nobody at NVIDIA waiting to accept your money to make your GPU faster.

Hello to all my stalkers.

I don't even know how to moderate this...

From the code:

ATTENTION:
What video game programmers and NVIDIA and AMD people aren't telling you:
They Restrict OpenGL/DirectX Speed and VideoMemory DOWN A LOT!!!!
That's why your OpenGL Applications are so slow.
You need to pay NVIDIA and AMD BIG money to get a license to unlock it.

If you have more questions ask nvidia or amd customer service.
If you are rich, just get a license I think it's one time deal and you get all the updates too.
There are so many APIs and SDKs if you pay for it.

So, basically this is a conspiracy theory thread?
Do you have any evidence to back up your conspiracy theory?

Otherwise this is just you yelling that an obviously false thing is true, and that we should take your word for it... and use your software blitting library because of it...? If so, I don't expect this is going to convince many people...

P.S. No, you don't need any special libraries to make GL/DirectX run faster.

P.P.S. There are some other libraries (e.g. Mantle, not GL/DirectX) that are sometimes covered by an NDA, but you get these by asking nicely, not by paying money (I have an NDA with one of those vendors, which I actually got by asking them for it on Twitter).

I don't even know how to moderate this...

I can say you, do not moderate this, comment and leave

[as to matter i was not reading it carefully but think it it is no need to such heavy moderation here on this forum]

https://sites.google.com/site/simpleopenglsneslike/2d-software-blitting-90milliondoubleprecision-512x384-15-layers-80fps-on-geforce-7600gt-with-pentium-d-pentium-4-with-sse2-and-stuff-2-4ghz-but-really-old-without-nda-sdks

2D Software Blitting+30MillionDoublePrecisionOnCPUOnly 512x384 15 Layers 40FPS on GeForce 7600GT with Pentium D(Pentium 4 with SSE2 and stuff 2.4GHz but really old) without NDA SDKs

Just a little trick with thread and only uploading 512x512 texture a frame.

Since we can't afford those NDA licenses if we don't have money and boy we little people can't even get an email back from graphics chips developing companies....

Download here: https://sites.google.com/site/simpleopenglsneslike/2d-software-blitting-90milliondoubleprecision-512x384-15-layers-80fps-on-geforce-7600gt-with-pentium-d-pentium-4-with-sse2-and-stuff-2-4ghz-but-really-old-without-nda-sdks/2D%20retro%28512x384%29%2015%20Layers%20without%20NDA%20license%20SDKs.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Better to use SDL though since there are no 3D code at all... just OpenGL is easier to setup and use with win32api than SDL so I used it.

Trick was using Thread with Sleep(1); (sleep for 1 millisecond) and only uploading 512x512 texture a frame. The number 512x512 is different if you are using cards like GeForce Titan. But you will soon find out if you are *hardware blitting* it gets really slow really fast even though graphics are shitty... I'm talking about of course without NVAPI NDA License and stuff.

I'm really sorry for the last trolling incident but got to say this. Just let's think for a monent. How does NVAPI with NDA and with OpenGL works on AMD and Intel cards? I was actually talking about that and I thought I wrote it but I think I didn't...

And people, don't use Mantle...nobody uses it everybody uses directx or opengl... don't get frustrated by those catch-phrase words of marketing department. If you get NDA(Non-disclosure agreement) license your 12FPS code will work like 2000FPS on GeForce 4200 Ti. And people, if you are going to get a NDA license, get it from Intel not AMD or NVIDIA it's way cheaper.(for now i think?)

36250441.jpg

"Recursion is the first step towards madness." - "Skegg?ld, Skálm?ld, Skildir ro Klofnir!"
Direct3D 12 quick reference: https://github.com/alessiot89/D3D12QuickRef/

So here's how this is going to go. I'm going to lock every thread you make that claims anything about NDAs or licenses from the GPU manufacturers. If it happens enough times, where "enough" is indeterminate but almost certainly less than three, I'm going to ban you.

In the meantime you might want to face reality: your code is written like shit and that's why it runs slow. If you actually take some time and learn to write graphics code properly, you won't have this problem.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement