What should the ninth element should be???

Started by
49 comments, last by Array Master 22 years, 5 months ago
I''m planning to make a RPG with a total of nine elemental properties, so far, I have only thought eight of them. I need some ideas for the ninth element. Please note that the ninth element is, naturally, stronger than the previous eight. The eight elements I have thought of are here, in order from the weakest to the strongest: Fire, Water, Ice, Thunder, Earth, Wind, Holy, and Darkness(or Shadow or Unholy or Undead...) I''m open to suggestions.
Nothing is impossible if you don''t take it seriously...And nothing is possible if you take it seriously.
Advertisement
When you think about it, the answer is quite obvious: Dr. Pepper! The nectar that is Dr. Pepper has been my lifeblood for the last several months. Without it I would not be able to start a fire, drink water, ice skate, shake sheets of metal, cause earthquakes, blow wind, perform miracles, or revive zombies.

Or you could make it club sandwiches..

If you wanted to go along with the theme of your other elements, however, "Youth" might work in there somehow.. If you wanted to get even cornier you could go with "Human Spirit" (called just "Spirit" but I didn''t want it to get confused with "Holy") or even so sickeningly saccharine as "Love." That is, if you want your world to have an overall positive aspect. But since you put "Darkness" over "Holy," I can only conclude you might want a gloomier final power.. perhaps "Rage" or "Hatred."

I think the best would be to make up an element that would go with your story. For instance, you could have some imaginary force known only as "The Beam," and then as Stephen King might say, all things would "Serve the Beam." If you didn''t want to run into copyright laws you could make up your own story with its own specialized godlike force and use it as the final element. It would be something you had to wait a very long time to get, and when you did you would become semi-devine - perhaps the element could even be called "God."

--Riley
My immediate completely random thought was entropy, the undoing of all the other elements. Naturally more powerful than the others. Either difficult to control, or having side-effects.

Really, though I assume this is for some sort of magic system? Or is it something else? A belief system for the populace? A way of representing objects? Characters? All of the above?

What is the rest of the world like? The backstory (in a nutshell). If there''s going to be one element above all others, probably best that it were an abstract concept, that meshes in with the theme of the rest of the backstory.

-Just my two pez worth.
I was thinking light, if fire does not subsume that.
isnt there supposed to be the "life" element somewhere ? or that falls in holy....anyway would be nice cuz life is a force not to mess with...and the oposite of life could be oblivion, wich is the total nothingness. heh, its pretty good =)
May the code be with us !
two powerful opposing forces: cosmos and chaos (order and disorder).
Qui/Mana/Energy - the vital element - related to all other elements
Astral/Ethereal - an exotic element, partly in this world, partly in another, this little known element is responsible for the most unbelievable magic, as it doesn''t obey the laws of this world like all the other elements do
Life/Blood - this element separates the living creatures from dead things
Gold/Crystal - everyone seems to quest for this element since the beginning of time - the quest never stopped, but the magics that motivated this tireless quest where forgotten
Dream - "we are made of the stuff dreams are made of" - this element extends from the imaginary realms to the real one with a subtle but powerful touch. It is said that ghosts are really the enduring dreams of those who died of sudden deaths.
Man... You guys surely have lots of ideas, now it''s even harder to choose the MOST POWERFUL element for me.
Perhap I should be more details to narrow it down: -the element must be *almost* godlike powerful
-it should be neither belong to good nor evil nor ugly
-it can kill some specify enemies instantly, no matter how strong is the enemy

Nothing is impossible if you don''''t take it seriously...
And nothing is possible if you take it seriously.
Nothing is impossible if you don''t take it seriously...And nothing is possible if you take it seriously.
quote:Original post by pwd
My immediate completely random thought was entropy, the undoing of all the other elements. Naturally more powerful than the others. Either difficult to control, or having side-effects.

heh heh that is funny... you "completely random" thought was entropy... heh heh...
i like that one though... think about it: due to those laws of thermodynamics, in the end (even if it is billions of years away) entropy will prevail, and the universe will burn out. definitely the most powerful...

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
The ninth element wil be..... poop.

-Forcas

"Elvis is alive. He is Barney the purple dinosaur. He is the pied piper that leads our children into the wages of sin and eternal damnation."

-Forcaswriteln("Does this actually work?");

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement