The ninth element...

Started by
17 comments, last by Clovis2000 22 years, 5 months ago
So far, I have eight elemental properties setted for my first RPG, I can''t think of the ninth element, which is essential to the storyline. Naturally, the ninth element must be the most powerful element. The other eight elements I''ve decided are, from the weakest to the stronger: Fire, Ice, Thunder, Water, Earth, Wind, Holy, Shadow. I''m open to all suggestions.
Nothing is impossible if you don''t take it seriously...And nothing is possible if you take it seriously.
Advertisement
Err...

Creation (always works well)

a Life/Death element? maybe a Chaos/Balance element, or Time/Space? CONTROL Element! Mountain Dew element!
-- master_ball --------------------------------student seeking future game dev career, advice welcome
quote:Original post by master_ball
a Life/Death element? maybe a Chaos/Balance element, or Time/Space? CONTROL Element! Mountain Dew element!

Mountain Dew isn''t an element... it is pure, untamed energy. Oh, and carbonated.
quote:Original post by Clovis2000
So far, I have eight elemental properties setted for my first RPG, I can''t think of the ninth element, which is essential to the storyline. Naturally, the ninth element must be the most powerful element. The other eight elements I''ve decided are, from the weakest to the stronger: Fire, Ice, Thunder, Water, Earth, Wind, Holy, Shadow.
I''m open to all suggestions.

Pizza is well known to be the master element, since it contains all the other elements.

Seriously though, I''m confused. Why would freezing water change it''s element?
...wind more powerful than thunder?

Anyways...

"moon", "chaos", "void" or "dimensional" could work well.
Magnitism/gravity like magnito. That gave him allmost god like powers over nature.

quote:Fire, Ice, Thunder, Water, Earth, Wind, Holy, Shadow.
I''m open to all suggestions.

I''m curious... you have the basic four- earth water fire wind(air)- I''m not sure about the rest. Ice is water, Thunder is a noise in the air (why not lightning/electricity?) Anyways... here''s some of my $.02:

Quintessence - "In ancient and medieval philosophy, the fifth and highest essence after the four elements of earth, air, fire, and water, thought to be the substance of the heavenly bodies and latent in all things."
(Might be a better word for "holy")

I think it depends on how the game is going to pan out. That is, if your last "element" is the final power the player gets to play with, it should feel "final", "ending", or "most powerful". To that end, I ran over to theasaurus.com, and looked up those. Here''s some possibilites:

Omega - "The End"
Dominion - "Control or the exercise of control; sovereignty"Supremacy - "The quality or condition of being supreme; Supreme power or authority."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Hey, I was''t joking... You really /could/ be "boinked" by some irate looney wielding a rubber malet." -Baldor the Bold
--------------------------~The Feature Creep of the Family~
Omega is just the last letter in the greek alphabet.

The biblical passage "I am alpha and omega, the beginning and the end" is just metaphorical, it''s not the definition of omega.
A couple of people have claimed that there''s no difference between ice and water.

I suggest you pour a glass of water down your shirt, then pour a glass full of ice cubes down your shirt. You''ll find out the difference soon enough.

The "omega" thing gave me a thought - latin words tend to sound powerful. See if you can find a list of latin words somewhere - you might find something really good.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement