New to Iso, got a few questions...

Started by
0 comments, last by Legro 22 years, 5 months ago
Ok, first of all let me say I''ve read over most of the articles on the site here dealing with Iso stuff. I have a pretty good understanding of how it all works, but theres a few things that just aren''t clicking in the ole brain, so please bare with me. Oh and I''m using OpenGL... 1) When drawing the tiles, are they drawn as squares on the screen, and then rotated to give the iso look? or are they drawn as diamond shaped to begin with? or are they drawn as squares, and then the diamond shaped texture applied to them to give the iso look? or are they all viable options? 2) When you have a tile for a wall or something, that extends multiple tiles, how exactly is the texture applied so that it can extend beyond the normal tile size? 3) Instead of using bit blitting to apply the textures, couldn''t you just use transparent textures to get the job done? Thanks for any replies, I''m sure these are simple questions but sometimes you just need a little bump and everything clicks upstairs, if you know what I mean.
Advertisement
Well, The tiles are aquare bit maps. with a diamond shape on them, texture mapped to overlap. If you use 3d I suppose you could rotate, but that would be slow.
--------------------------I present for tribute this haiku:Inane Ravings OfThe Haunting JubilationA Mad Engineer©Copyright 2005 ExtrariusAll Rights Reserved

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement