Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need some advice, if you please.

This topic is 5887 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, Recently due to my schedule (darn marching season) I have had to completely suspend all my C++ and GameDev learning, I was wondering if any of you have taken the intro to C++ course at Gameinstitue.com, is it good, is it bad, is it in depth on only a few things, or does it lightly touch on a lot of things. When I stopped my studying I was just about to get into pointers, and had gotten proficient with arrays and basic functions. Basically the $50 course would be to refresh me in C++ and show me some new things too, but the question remains, IS IT WORTH MY 50 BUCKS!!!! Any answer appreciated. Blood_Dragon

I just completed the C++ Course (Kind Of, still waiting on week 6's materials). Anyhow, I took the course as a refresher, as well as to evaluate it (Work seems to look to me for these things). The course itself moves at a pretty good pace. I believe it was the second week that pointers were introduced. I myself found that the course was kind of 'easy' (for lack of better words) until week 4 where upon windows programming is introduced. Week 5 then jumps into alittle DirectX.

I like Stan Trujillo's style of teaching, so much as to enroll in the DirectPlay course. The examples and exerices were very good as well.

I feel I got my $50 worth, and some.
Hope that helps.

Also the Pathfinding course was awesome.

Edited by - thurk on November 2, 2001 10:11:53 PM