Isnt this forum boring?

Started by
77 comments, last by kseh 10 years ago

I am here about half a year, (wrote many posts read yet more post of others),

but I must say this forum began to bore me till bottom. many praises it, its advantage is really it is on topic, and there are very many people doing close things, but also this forum has some boring force to me, I feel better for example when reading articles in the google, also some other places like old usenet has some kind more indepth attitude than here, not to mention a plactic graphical form of this place i dont like too.. So I think if it is worth to stay it or it is better to move on to antoher place of focus

has some other person such kind of feelings too?

Advertisement

I don't find it boring personally, but if you think the community is lacking something do you have any suggestions for how it could be improved?

- Jason Astle-Adams

I don't find it boring personally, but if you think the community is lacking something do you have any suggestions for how it could be improved?

I posted imo there should be better categorisations (like where to begin, and optymisation categories, If divided on more strict categories it could work better imo)

- But I dont think this is the main problem for me, the problem is relating to some energy and attitude factors present here, To many crowd, topic lives to short here, this kind of things..

I feel sadly this forum more kills me (kills my energy ) than helps

me - maybe i should pass out and do some meditation ;/

The people on this forum aren't here to mess around. You ask a question, you get an accurate, professional response, the best response is voted up, and that's that.

You don't get people repeating the same garbage over and over again, like on many other forums. People here actually read the thread before they write an answer, which keeps repetitiveness to a minimum. That's why the threads die quickly - it's because the question is resolved and the thread has served its purpose.

"I would try to find halo source code by bungie best fps engine ever created, u see why call of duty loses speed due to its detail." -- GettingNifty

The people on this forum aren't here to mess around. You ask a question, you get an accurate, professional response, the best response is voted up, and that's that.

You don't get people repeating the same garbage over and over again, like on many other forums. People here actually read the thread before they write an answer, which keeps repetitiveness to a minimum. That's why the threads die quickly - it's because the question is resolved and the thread has served its purpose.

It seems so, moderators keep it this way - but this also makes this forum chanelled and shallow in some aspects; and for me it makes the state when it kills me to the bone of some kind of boredom as i said, I am losting my motivation to work, probably I prefer messing around ;/ and more unconventional behaviors, fights etc, etc, etc (I do not even exactly know what but this forum works bad on me, feeling like a schoolboy in boring classroom ;/

It seems so, moderators keep it this way - but this also makes this forum chanelled and shallow in some aspects; and for me it makes the state when it kills me to the bone of some kind of boredom as i said, I am losting my motivation to work, probably I prefer messing around ;/ and more unconventional behaviors, fights etc, etc, etc (I do not even exactly know what but this forum works bad on me, feeling like a schoolboy in boring classroom ;/

Go elsewhere then, try irc or gamespot.

Gamedev is great for getting answers, but it's not a social forum by any means.

you are boring. jking.

i like this forum.

Go elsewhere then, try irc or gamespot.

irc is indeed far less boring, but this does not mean that this place is boring indeed and cannot be possibly improved ;/

but hope for this is also a weak one, so i noticed it myself that better for me would be move out form here, after a half of year

presence which i am not sure was worth it at all ;/

(I am not saying this forum is bad, knowledge here is very high

but Im saying this simultanoeusly boring and strangely and strongly demotivating (at least for me ;/))

I must say this forum began to bore me till bottom.... So I think if it is worth to stay it or it is better to move on to antoher place of focus

has some other person such kind of feelings too?

Yes.

Over the years I have developed nothing but contempt for people who publicly deride as 'boring' things they have chosen freely to use or participate in. Utter contempt, because the implicit assumption is that we are all here to entertain you and you are important enough for use to spend scarce and expensive time and resources on trying to please (and I'm using 'you' in the generic sense here, not in the personal sense, so do not take it as a direct personal affront). Believe me, in my work I receive plenty correspondence about my product, both privately and in public forums, containing the words 'hate' and 'boring' (and, not so often any more because it's not the current style, 'sucks') and it invariably says much about the self-importance and immaturity of the author and little about anything else, including their intended subject.

So, yes, I also have a feeling that it is better for you to move on to another place of focus.

Here's a suggestion if you want lots of excitement and personal attention: create something, publish it, have people use it. You won't be bored again.

Mean time we're here for serious work. If I want Fun I have a fortress to defend.

Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement