• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Usage of Lights in directx .?

This topic is 1370 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

can anyone just explain What is the usage of Specular, Ambient, and Diffuse properties of light.. if u can please give some examples..

Advertisement

Diffuse - specifies how much/how model will be lit when the model receives light. (how much light should it reflect and absorb)

Ambient - specifies how much/how model will be lit when the model does not receive light. (Indirect light, the model would be lit by a uniform colour all over.)

Specular - when light strikes a smooth surface, they generally reflect in a sharp direction. This forms a specular highlight and it is viewport dependent. I think it is harder for me to explain you this because i suck at explanation. I think you should refer to a book, I'd suggest Frank D. Luna's DX11 book.

Edited by newtechnology

I googled "directx 9 lighting" and got 290,000 hits. You might try that. smile.png

Among those 290,000 references, this link provides a nice description of lighting.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement