Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NotTaxes

Particle Woes

I am using DirectX particles (point sprites) for special effects. I am defining the particle vertex as Vector as D3DVector Color as D3DColorVal Tu Tv ANd the vertex shader is being set to D3DFVF_XYZ Or D3DFVF_DIFFUSE Or D3DFVF_TEX1 I am assigning largely random colors to the color part of the vertex and a fading Alpha. When I render I am telling the texturestagestate colorop to Modulate the texture and diffuse and modulate the alpha. But when the particles are drawn the color component is being ignored completely and the particles are instead using the Ambient lighting component - so the particles are all being rendered completely black because my ambient is black and I presume there is no Normal data for lighting to be calculated correctly. The particles are however fading correctly, which is bizzare. I had this all working perfectly until I added DX lighting. Can anyone perhaps point me in the right direction for figuring out why the color of the vertex is being ignored? ''Doing the impossible is kind of fun'' - Walt Disney