Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
King19931229

About Shadow Shadow Volume

This topic is 1730 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I create a Shadow Volume,It is OK when i don't move the camera,But when i move the camera ,the shadow will disappear.I ask someone else 

whether it is normal,he said Yes.Did anyone encounter a problem like this,HOW to solve.(I use z_fail algorithm).

Advertisement

You will need to give us more than just a picture, most likely, if you want a solution.

I would start by debuging the vertices that make up your shadow volume, and find out what is going to with them in the shader when the camera moves. It looks to me like some of the shadow volume is being clipped against the near plane, but I'm just guessing here.

Edited by Burnt_Fyr

Does this happen only when the camera is inside the shadow? this happened in my game, although i didn't mind it much, but i think they're a way to fix it, but yea, we need more information than that.

Does this happen only when the camera is inside the shadow? this happened in my game, although i didn't mind it much, but i think they're a way to fix it, but yea, we need more information than that.

IIRC, this is only an issue with depth pass shadow volumes, depth fail,(aka Carmack's reverse) should not suffer from this.

Edited by Burnt_Fyr

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!