Starting new game - Zombies / Alien Type game - Questions

Started by
1 comment, last by Nicholas Kong 9 years, 12 months ago

Hi everyone! Currently using XNA to make games as a hobby since that's what I am used to. Has anyone ever played the Call of Duty Zombies or Extinction mode? I am currently designing the details of the game. Basically, I want to create rounds with challenges in each round for bonus materials. I will be content making only a 3 round game to start. Basic graphics, nothing too in detail. I'm not an artist.

However, I have not taken on a game of this nature before. Does anyone think I could do this on my own, remembering that its going to be a shorter version?

Any tips / advice / problems I may encounter / challenges I may face are all welcome!

Thanks,

Mark

Advertisement

Sure, it's possible to do; some games have been written by lone coders. However, I think the biggest factor you will face is your own motivation. To take on such a project is a difficult and long term commitment. If you are someone with excellent self-motivation, then go right ahead, but if not, I would seriously consider trying to get some people on board to help.

Start small. If you have done smaller project, this project will be much more managable.

Don't make your own art. Use already made assets to maintain the vision and increase your productivity.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement