• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Best way to build SDL 2

This topic is 1369 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone!

I'm programming a tool that uses SDL 2 and I want to share this tool with other partners and now, I have a little problem when They try to compile my framework (can I call it engine?):

First, I'm using SDL 2 Core and all dependencies, mixer, image, net and ttf. I'm using OpenGL to render, filesystem bootstrap to file manage and LUA to scripting. They're a lot of dependencies and I don't want to create an imposible to compile enviroment!.

I want to do an easier way to use my tool, For this reason I want to share a "pre compiled" libraries, is it a good approach?.

my question is, how I need to compile my dependencies?, I need to build statics or dinamics libraries?.

I'm using Linux and MinGW.

Thanks all, regards!.

Advertisement
can I call it engine?

If he does more than one thing and in different domain, you can call it engine I think.

For example a game engine is : Animation+Rendering+AI+Sound+Network

For this reason I want to share a "pre compiled" libraries, is it a good approach?.

You have to take care about license.You can distribute SDL2 but look to other license, and never forget to add license file.

I need to build statics or dinamics libraries?.

It's all a question of license for this one. Some library only give you dynamic lib but some give you both but has a restrictive license.

Edited by Alundra

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement