can i just pay a programer to write the wrapper for steam?

Started by
1 comment, last by FGFS 9 years, 11 months ago

hi im about starting a project for steam in Js and i was taking a look at the requirements for publishing on steam and i noticed i need to write a wrapper in c++ but im more of an artist that learned some programing the question is can i just hire a programer for the wrapper =?

Advertisement

I think you can find it on Github, I found a C# one for Unity, I work mainly with Unity3D and in C#.

https://github.com/rlabrecque/Steamworks.NET

Here is some info on wrappers for other languages

"Yeah, the only caveat if you use a language other than C++ is that to use the Steamworks API you need to write a wrapper DLL

for it (in C++) so that the other language can communicate with it. But it's a relatively easy process and if you know another

programming language you should be able to do it quite easily with out needing to fully learn C++. Since it sounds like you are

writing software and not a game I'd also advise against using C++, C++ lacks good support for writing UIs whereas most other

languages come with libraries that make UI development MUCH quicker and easier."

"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Science Fiction Quiz

e I'd also advise against using C++, C++ lacks good support for writing UIs whereas most other

languages come with libraries that make UI development MUCH quicker and easier."

QT quickly comes to mind for crossplatform dev. and surely many more without googling.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement