HLSL book suggestion

Started by
4 comments, last by Saad Manzur 9 years, 11 months ago

Hi,
Can anyone suggest some good books or tutorial from where I can learn about hlsl language in depth i.e. shadowing, lighting, ambient occulsion etc.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

If you take a look in my signature below, there is a Direct3D11 book that covers the language as well as a number of sample applications (although not the ones you listed). In addition, there is a free D3D10 book that you can access online that has lots of examples for you to check out.

What's the name of the D3D10 book ?

What's the name of the D3D10 book ?

I'd guess its the second book in his signature?cool.png

HLSL Development Cookbook at Packt might also help you out. I have found Jason Z's book quite useful also.

There are plenty of great examples for specific effects/techniques out there, its just a pain trying to track them down smile.png Good luck!

p.s. although not focused on HLSL alone, my book linked below contains a number D3D examples that you may find useful also :P

Justin Stenning | Blog | Book - Direct3D Rendering Cookbook (using C# and SharpDX)

Projects: Direct3D Hook, EasyHook, Shared Memory (IPC), SharpDisasm (x86/64 disassembler in C#)

@spazzarama

I'd guess its the second book in his signature?

Ok, lol.

HLSL Development Cookbook at Packt might also help you out. I have found Jason Z's book quite useful also.

I've got my hands on that right now. I'll take a look at the book in your signature. Thanks. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement