would it be possible to make a team over internet?

Started by
3 comments, last by Lord_jonbon 22 years, 5 months ago
I'm not really a Beginner in Design and Art, I suck in programming, but anyway i have a few questions if anybody could help 1. would it be possible to make a development team over the internet say meet some people but never see them and still make a game.......the reason i live in Australia and even if the people i meet lived in Ausland i doubt they live anywhere near me....would it be possible? 2. I'm designing a RST with some friends and they seem to like it but we can't agree on one thing should it be fictional or realist? 3. what kind of equipment would you use to design a complex 3d RTS game with good graphics what would you use and what do i need? just in case my em@il is wheres_jonny_gone@hotmail.com Edited by - lord_jonbon on November 2, 2001 11:30:46 AM
i''m just a bigginer but i am very dedicated. I''m no good at programing but i am learning. I am good at Designing and Art. I like RTS games
Advertisement
1) Yes. Works like a charm, when organised.

2) Fictional.

3) C++ compiler (Mircrosoft Visual or Borland), either DirectX or OpenGL, and for the models... hmmm... either write your own modeler, or use 3dstudio
quote:Original post by Lord_jonbon
1. would it be possible to make a development team over the internet say meet some people but never see them and still make a game.......the reason i live in Australia and even if the people i meet lived in Ausland i doubt they live anywhere near me....would it be possible?

Yes. You can, for example, use sourceforge. To qualify for sourceforge membership, you have to make free software, but similar tools are available for commercial products.
quote:

2. I''m designing a RST with some friends and they seem to like it but we can''t agree on one thing should it be fictional or realist?

It''s difficult to make a realistic game. I''d go for fictional to start with, and if you really need to make it realistic, do that later. Chances are that a fictional game would be liked by more people, as it is.
quote:
3. what kind of equipment would you use to design a complex 3d RTS game with good graphics what would you use and what do i need?

I''d use 3D Studio, VC++, and a beefy piece of hardware with some nvidia-based graphics card. You might also want a Voodoo and/or PowerVR system to test it on (and any other major chipsets I don''t know about).

All your bases belong to us
CoV
Thanks, for the reply

I thought it would be possible just very hard to make a team.
I was swaying towards fictional anyway so I think i''ll finalise fiction for the game and I have C++, DirectX and OpenGL but not really any good Modeler. Also i only have one programer he''s good but do you think i could hire any free good programers?
i''m just a bigginer but i am very dedicated. I''m no good at programing but i am learning. I am good at Designing and Art. I like RTS games
I don''t think it is called "hiring" if it is for free

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement