Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ravyne

RPG player app for LINUX

I am looking for someone who would be interested in writting a Linux version of my RPG engine. The engine is being produced (ALMOST FINISHED) in QuickBASIC(DOS), I will be doing a port for WINDOWS and MacOS myself. However I do not know LINUX well enogh to produce the linux RPG player app myself. The idea of the whole project is that anyone can make an RPG with easy-to-use tools and no programming experience, and then distribute the file package which can be installed and run in the RPG player app ON ANY OS. Personally I think this is a really cool Idea, that shows a lot of potential. The engine is about equal to late SNES and Early Plastation 2D rpgs, Final fantasy 6(3 U.S.) for example. The game needs to support 2D tiled graphics, FLI Playback an MOD music.

Ill give it a shot (or atleast a what-to-do) because I am currently working on my own game. The only thing is qbasic is like ancient, and I have not done it for a long time. Linux programming is easy, and identical to lots of dos and windows C, assuming your not doing OS specific operations. I would recommend learning it. Once you enderstand linux, youll never want to boot windows again. But ill give it a shot. Sounds like a cool idea. My email is wryken@yahoo.com

Or, what you could do is download SDL, an easy to use, 2D API, as fast, and in some cases faster than directdraw. It is primarily for c, but it has language bindings for many languages. and it runs on many platforms, including linux. goto www.libsdl.org