KeyPress Problem

Started by
2 comments, last by scubabbl 22 years, 5 months ago
Okay, so Im a noob, and figure I would start out with a simple pong game. No problem doing the graphics really, but, I am having a problem with Key Press issues. I have if WM_KEYDOWN to check which keys people are pressing to decide which way to move the paddle, but, I find, in two player, if one person is holding down a key, the key the other person is holding down won''t work. How should I fix this problem? -Jason
Advertisement
the eaay way is that you could use an array of bools, and set the ines that are down to true, the hard way IMHO is learn direct input. I like easy things, so i'll give ya some code to that effect

ie (taken from NeHe tutorials but not specific to OpenGL)
    bool keys[256];    Array to hold all the keys we've got  and add this to your WndProc Callback      case WM_KEYDOWN:          // Is A Key Being Held Down?{   keys[wParam] = TRUE;	  // If So, Mark It As TRUE   return 0;              // Jump Back}case WM_KEYUP:	          // Has A Key Been Released?{   keys[wParam] = FALSE;  // If So, Mark It As FALSE   return 0;		  // Jump Back}    

edit: Note that in my experiance this can only handle about 4 or 5 keys at one time... and it depends on which keys... i think that has something to do with the way keyboards send data... i'm not realy sure.

-------------------------------------------------
Don't take life too seriously, you''ll never get out of it alive. -Bugs Bunny

Edited by - Authustian on November 2, 2001 9:31:23 PM
-------------------------------------------------Don't take life too seriously, you''ll never get out of it alive. -Bugs Bunny
Great DINput8 tuts at Nexe http://nexe.gamedev.net

Eric Wright o0Programmer0o

AcidRain Productions
Eric Wright o0Programmer0o
Thanks everyone

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement