question about 3d movies sorta off topics

Started by
5 comments, last by big nasty 22 years, 5 months ago
i want to make 3d movie sorta like final fantasy what good software to use to make your on 3d cartoons or movies
Advertisement
quote:Original post by big nasty
i want to make 3d movie sorta like final fantasy what good software to use to make your on 3d cartoons or movies

Of course you would need 3D Studio Max, or Blender, both are very advanced whereas 3D Studio Max is for more detailed, but also harder to learn.

You gotto decide what to use. I tried 3D Studio Max, but it is very hard to learn because of all the options and possibilities.

Blender is easier to learn and to start with.

That''s my opinion.

Windows (N): A 32 Bit patch to a 16 bit graphical interface based on a 8 bit operating system originaly encoded for a 4 bit processor written by a 2 bit company that can''''t stand 1 bit of competition.
--------------------------Windows (N): A 32 Bit patch to a 16 bit graphical interface based on a 8 bit operating system originaly encoded for a 4 bit processor written by a 2 bit company that can''t stand 1 bit of competition.
that all i need blender or 3dstudio max and i can make a 3d movie with sound and all in it
quote:Original post by xe_sphinx
...3D Studio Max is ...harder to learn.

Than Blender? With that interface? I should think not!

For the graphics you need a quality 3D modeler. You also need a rendering package; for something of the quality of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within , you''ll need one capable of radiosity, raytracing and a bunch of post- and pre-effects. You''ll need touch-up and video editing software as well.

For audio, you''ll basically need a studio setup (to record, edit, master, synch and otherwise tweak your voices). There is no software specifically tuned to speech recording, but there''s plenty aimed at creating and manipulating music - Cakewalk, SoundForge, Sonic Foundry, etc. Check out the Music and Sound forum for more information.
You need to get the highest end 3d modeler you can afford. Then, you''ll need to learn how to write plug-ins for it so you can write procedural geometry generators, tools, etc. To do this, you''ll need to learn about 3d algorithms and geometry. Then, you might need Renderman and how to write shaders. At the very least, you''ll need to be able to scour the Web for existing plug-ins and scripts, and be able to write out your own scripts to automate certain processes.

You should learn how to do storyboards. And cinematography, lighting for effect, and such. Learning photography will help you.

Then you''ll have to decide what medium you want. Film? MPEG? Video? DVD? Film will require some type of film recorder. For DVD, you might be able to use one of the new DVD writers on the market.

Is all this unreasonable? Not really. Pursue your dreams.

quote:Original post by bishop_pass

Then you''ll have to decide what medium you want. Film? MPEG? Video? DVD? Film will require some type of film recorder. For DVD, you might be able to use one of the new DVD writers on the market.

Most people who generate film from computer animations will write it out to some other format (AVI files, DVD) and then pay a third party to transfer it onto film stock.
...Not to mention that you will need the patience of a tech support worker and the dedication of a doctor to get past the rendering a triangle primitive stage.
-- Supercytro

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement