FPS Speed

Started by
14 comments, last by Viscous-Flow 22 years, 5 months ago
Assuming you have an nvidia card with newish drivers ...

right click on your desktop, and bring up Display Properties
go to Settings
click the Advanced button
on one of the tabs (called GeForce DDR on mine) there''s a button called Additional Properties. Click that and select the openGL tab. There should be an option there to disable VSync.
Advertisement
about the bit of useless info I assume australia is using the PAL system. The 25fps are actually 50fps. But they are not full frames but only half of the lines are drawn. So you get the feeling of smooth 50fps with half the info. Just to straight things up.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
about the bit of useless info I assume australia is using the PAL system. The 25fps are actually 50fps. But they are not full frames but only half of the lines are drawn. So you get the feeling of smooth 50fps with half the info. Just to straight things up.

Interesting.. I was unaware of that
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
Actually if the frame rate is locked at 30fps and doesn''t go up or down even .1fps photo realistic rendering is quite possible (IE it is the highest the human eye can see) but if it drops below or goes above that the human eye will notice flikering. In other words something that doesn''t move at all from 30fps can be smoother then something that renders with a range from 50-80fps.

That is what i read while waiting for my eye-appointment atleast (crazy eye people), I/It could be wrong of course, and what i gave was a summary of the 5000+ word report on the subject.
"All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors." -Anon.
NTSC is interlaced as well, 29.7Hz half-frames.

It''s not that the eye can only distinquish upto 30fps, 30fps is required to provide the illusion of continous fluid movement. It''s a minimum not a maximum.

Interlacing was required becuase the hardware of the fourties, fifties, sixties, seventies, and eighties sucked and wore-out if you tried to display non-interlaced frames. Now we''re stuck with the original format that black&white TV was orginally broadcast in (color was added with a clever low-amplitude phase-shift and is fully backwards compatible). And that means it''s broadcast in half-frames. Maybe someday HDTV will replace the old singal...

I can tell the difference between 60fps and 100fps playing Quake3 and so can my score

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- Not For Rent
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
well movies are 24 FPS and they look pretty fluid to me

McDougal...DUCK McDougal
http://www.labino.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement