• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
shani_ace

graphics

This topic is 1677 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

how am I suppose to use graphics in visual studio 2010 using c++ language......  please help me in it....

Advertisement

The question is too vague to answer - in Windows (having a graphical user interface) "graphics" encompasses everything from drawing menus, drawing graphs, displaying bitmaps, all the way up to full blown 3D applications. Try narrowing your question to something more specific.

Hi,

You need to research 2D and 3D file format workflow pipeline from art creation to implementation in your software. There are standard file formats that you can use. There are also coding libraries which render the art.   The 2D and 3D assets are contained in a folder that your software needs to read and display, obviously.  Often a class is defined in your coding and each model or 2D image has its own file or folder within that class. As for rasterizing to screen, do not try to reinvent the wheel but use existing code libraries or even a game engine which is designed to reduce or eliminate the low level coding.  Look for libraries designed for use in Visual Studio. What I am saying is that first you need to assemble a workflow pipeline of software, applications, and libraries for them.

List of game engines

===============

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_game_engines

C++ doesn't have built in graphics capabilities -- you need to use an additional library or API.  I would suggest you have a good grasp of the basics of programming in C++ (by working through an online tutorial such as LearnCpp.com or a book such as C++ Primer, 5th Edition)  before moving on to graphics, but it is of course your decision to try graphics whenever you feel you're ready.

Commonly suggested libraries for beginners are SFML (you can find tutorials or a book HERE) or SDL (you can find some good tutorials HERE).

Hopefully that helps, or at least gives you enough information to ask a more specific question we can help you with. smile.png

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!