• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
erex

Suggestions and feedback for mye game (Android)

This topic is 1591 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

I have just launched my Android-game (on Google Play).  Link to game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=games.erex.eyeroller

This is my first game release ever, so I've was hoping for some feedback (design, features, etc.)

There's also a lot of Android devices out there, so If it doesn't work properly on your device, I would like to know what the problem is and what device you are using.  (Seeing that the game is programmed in javascript/HTML I am expecting some errors in the beginning.)

Thanks in advance biggrin.png wub.png

Advertisement

I can sort of guess how the game is played from the screenshots, but nothing about scoring or any other details. Perhaps you could include a description of the game and its goal in the app's Description section?

I thought about that, but I felt it got kinda repetative?  

If I wrote something like:  "Jump between platforms by changing the direction of the gravity, and reach as far as you can". Seeing that I give the user this information before every "run".

This particular area of the forums is intended for comments and suggestions about the website itself.

I'm going to move this thread over to "Your Announcements" instead.

Works great on my S3.

It seemed to get too hard too fast, but this is exactly what I would have told the maker of Flappy Bird, so what do I know?

I like it; it's mildly addictive.

I only made it to 13 so I don't know what comes after, but it might be cool to:

* Add non-top/bottom bars (somewhere in the middle)

* Add other types of surfaces (sticky, which slow the game down, for e.g.)

* Zoom out and have more complex "stuff" to get through sometimes

I'd say great job!

Great to hear HScottH! biggrin.png

As it is now, the game accelerate in speed within the first 14 jumps and stays at that speed for a while, from there on the speed only accelerate each 70 points. (So you cant keep going for ever)

I also thought the game probably was a bit to difficult! I have tested a bit on my cousin(12 years), and when i made the game easier he actually said "I liked it better when it was harder".

There is nothing more happening after 13 as of now, but that will be my first priroitrity! I especially liked your idea of adding different surfaces! Its even not that hard to implement! biggrin.png

I'm curious, was it hard to understand the gameplay?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!