Android game ad spamming to gain money...

Started by
7 comments, last by vern1204 9 years, 11 months ago

So I was thinking about this for a little bit now and am curious if this is possible. Some developers tend to add ads into their games, some ads are full screen and some are just the little banner ones. The way I understand them is that if an ad pops up, depending on the type that is used, and the player clicks on it the developer gains money, if i am incorrect please inform me. Anyway if I were the developer of a mobile game couldn't I just click on my games ads all day and gain an easy $50 bucks?

Advertisement

couldn't I just click on my games ads all day and gain an easy $50 bucks?

You would have to click a million times to get $50. And if you "spam" your game with adds Google will just delete you developer account along with your game.

"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Science Fiction Quiz

1. It's probably rigged so you can't, ie rigged by unique users.

2. Even if you can, it's slightly dishonest. You'd be stealing money from the ads people.

1) you make a point, I guess they probably would be able to pick up if user 3213 has clicked on the ads hundreds of times.

2) what if you have an ocd which causes you to click on every ad you see......I'm just saying haha

what if you have an ocd which causes you to click on every ad you see......I'm just saying haha
If some random user does that, and Google or another ad provider wants to cut your account for it, ask them to investigate.

Advertisers have considerable additional information about the accounts, as metadata, as IP addresses, and as linked accounts at Google or whatever company. It is likely very easy for them to identify if it was abuse coming from your domain, or from someone linked to your business, or if it is coming from seemingly random phone in a different city from you, with a phone number not associated with you.

Most ad services have considerable tools for detecting abuse, and when someone does as you described they will just treat the clicks as invalid, giving no credit for them. They may or may not punish you for it, but you probably will not see any payment from someone OCD-clicking on every ad in your game as it appears.

All the ad networks check if it is a unique user or not. Also there is no need to click on all the ads because some of them payout a small amount just for ad views and not clicks.

So I was thinking about this for a little bit now and am curious if this is possible. Some developers tend to add ads into their games, some ads are full screen and some are just the little banner ones. The way I understand them is that if an ad pops up, depending on the type that is used, and the player clicks on it the developer gains money, if i am incorrect please inform me. Anyway if I were the developer of a mobile game couldn't I just click on my games ads all day and gain an easy $50 bucks?

Well, look its doesn't works that way click you ads again and again is going to get you in trouble look what you are going to use to monetize your application is Google Admob and what the application counts is the number of unique click and this is how you will be getting paid. Trust me if you are planning to do the ......... you will get banned.

John Farrell

Technical Consultant

Rapidsoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

1) you make a point, I guess they probably would be able to pick up if user 3213 has clicked on the ads hundreds of times.

2) what if you have an ocd which causes you to click on every ad you see......I'm just saying haha

Guy sit down and do the math, if you clicked 24h every day for a year you would barely make $100,

and there is no fixed rate of money that you get. If the algorithm sees the same IP the price of an ad

drops to $0. You would get 0 (NULL) money for clicking.

A person thats clicking thousand of times per day is not a paying customer ergo they do not value it with money.

"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Science Fiction Quiz

There are many different models advertisers choose to pay for the ads: per click (CPC), per install (CPI), per 1000 impressions (CPM). Also, since I work for ad network, there are ways to track suspicious traffic coming from e.x. 1 user over a short period of time. This kind of fraud behaviour can be very easily discovered and.. lets say prevented from happening further hehe. So yea, there's a big chance of getting caught.

But if you're looking for ways to monetize your app's traffic without a hustle the easiest model nowadays is pay per download (PPD), so you get paid for your app being downloaded from app store and installed on a device. You can read more here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement