• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
FishingCactus

Algo-Bot ready to hit Kickstarter again [feedback needed]

This topic is 1498 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Guys,

Early this year, we canceled our Kickstarter because obviously we weren't about to make it. You may have read all about this in our last article: Lessons learned from our Kickstarter failure

Time has come to give it a second chance and launch it on Kickstarter for the second time. Our draft page is ready and all we need now is feedback

a62c11f59809cb96fefa9c822f88bd84_large.p

Thanks for helping smile.png

Sophie

Edited by jbadams
Fixed broken links.

Advertisement

Fixed the broken link, you should be able to access the draft page correctly now Ashaman73.  smile.png

Looking good Sophie, good to see you're nearly ready to give it another go!  I would probably move the "we have been greenlit" and "buy one, give one" down lower (perhaps after "social goals"?), and maybe move "why kickstarter" up a bit.

Working now, thx smile.png I really like the design and look of the game.

Here are some random thoughts coming up:

1. What is 'Shapiro’s Robot Turtles for 13-55+.' ?

Ok, it confused me more than it helps. If this is some kind of common board game, ignore my thought, else think about putting it into the extended description.

2. 'Guillaume Bouckaert who was the crazy Level Designer on Shifting World.'

Hmm... well, I dont know this guy, nor this game. I see your screenshots and they are looking very good, which is more interesting to me than to read about some crazy unknown guy.

3. Alpha Version for $35 > Full game for $10/$15

Seeing a conflict here, if you want to utilize steams early access program too. In my opinion it is more common to lower the price to an early access version instead of rising it, as long as you dont have the problem of too much hype and you are in need to limit the access.

4. Custom Skins development for $250

An other conflict. It seems that you punish people who would help you by creating user created content. User created content can be really a motor to your sales (DayZ -> Arma, CounterStrike->HalfLife etc.). It could be a good idea to reconsider your approach. smile.png

Fixed the broken link, you should be able to access the draft page correctly now Ashaman73.  smile.png

Looking good Sophie, good to see you're nearly ready to give it another go!  I would probably move the "we have been greenlit" and "buy one, give one" down lower (perhaps after "social goals"?), and maybe move "why kickstarter" up a bit.

Thanks a lot for my link :) Yeah putting the "why KS" up seems a good idea to me. I was thinking of putting the "greenlit" and the "buy one give one" just before "socials". Maybe I should reconsider it a bit too. 

Working now, thx smile.png I really like the design and look of the game.

Here are some random thoughts coming up:

1. What is 'Shapiro’s Robot Turtles for 13-55+.' ?

Ok, it confused me more than it helps. If this is some kind of common board game, ignore my thought, else think about putting it into the extended description.

2. 'Guillaume Bouckaert who was the crazy Level Designer on Shifting World.'

Hmm... well, I dont know this guy, nor this game. I see your screenshots and they are looking very good, which is more interesting to me than to read about some crazy unknown guy.

3. Alpha Version for $35 > Full game for $10/$15

Seeing a conflict here, if you want to utilize steams early access program too. In my opinion it is more common to lower the price to an early access version instead of rising it, as long as you dont have the problem of too much hype and you are in need to limit the access.

4. Custom Skins development for $250

An other conflict. It seems that you punish people who would help you by creating user created content. User created content can be really a motor to your sales (DayZ -> Arma, CounterStrike->HalfLife etc.). It could be a good idea to reconsider your approach. smile.png

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like you are right about Shapiro's game and Shifting World. Regarding the alpha version, it's at $35 because you pay for an early access to it + the full game once it's finished. For $10/15 you will have to wait the finished version planned for january 2015. 

Maybe I should lower down the skins development. I'll see with the team what they want to do. 

Thanks again

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!