offscreen

Started by
6 comments, last by DarkAstaroth 22 years, 5 months ago
Anyone got an example of using CreateBitmap/CreateCompatibleDC to make an offscreen render context for OpenGL? ... I''m going a bit nuts trying to get this to work cheers -darkness
"You think that''s air your breathing now?"
Advertisement
scratch that -- seems going offscreen loses all hardware acceleration ... or so most of the articles I just read say

-darkness
"You think that''s air your breathing now?"
I''d suggest using double buffering, then using the back buffer to draw to. This will keep your acceleration and it won''t appear on screen.
OR look at using Pixel Buffers through the PBuffer extension.

WGL_ARB_pbuffer

OpenGL Extension Registry - http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/
*lol* Oooooohhhhhh!!! Ur doing offscreen buffering and you''re mixing the Win32 GDI with OpenGL...

What the hell is wrong wit u boi???

>OR look at using Pixel Buffers through the PBuffer extension.
Now whoever posted this was damned near enough a genius! Sheer genius!!!

>WGL_ARB_pbuffer
>
>OpenGL Extension Registry - http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl->sample/registry/
Jeezus Christ he gave you the name of the extension to look into -AND- a handy link to the OpenGL extension registry!!! What more could you ask for? Ah hear yow cries!!!

Ok but seriously - I have no idea what you were thinking of using the Win32 GDI in a realtime environment... Geeeez... It''s just too slow mate, in fact the GDI is -infamous- for its (lack of) speed!

AH CAHNT BERLIEVE U WOZ TRY-YIN TEH MIX THE TU!!!
Hey, don''t be so hard on Astaroth... like so many of us, he too is exploring things for the first time.
I''m sorry.

I didn''t mean to be nasty about it - I was in a jokey kind of mood when I wrote that message and I didn''t mean it to come across as malicious in any way.
Use double buffering, or look into nehe.gamedev.net... one of his last tutorials dealt with rendering to a texture. I''m not sure exactly what you''re trying to accomplish, so I don''t know what advice to give you.

Billy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement